FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Firefox Skins

Author Topic: Firefox Skins
beautifulgirl57
Member # 9877

- posted      Profile for beautifulgirl57   Email beautifulgirl57         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know where to get them and how to download?? I'm kinda lost here.
Posts: 46 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
Google is your friend.

They should install by themselves, like most FF extensions. Let us know if you have problems.

Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beautifulgirl57
Member # 9877

- posted      Profile for beautifulgirl57   Email beautifulgirl57         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it keeps giving me a .jar file, which I dutifully drag into the Themes window but for some reason all the ones I've downloaded are not working.
Posts: 46 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beautifulgirl57
Member # 9877

Apparently there aren't very many themes for version 2.0 of Firefox...?

Thanks though, Euripides.

BlueWizard
Member # 9389

- posted      Profile for BlueWizard   Email BlueWizard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I posted instructions for SeaMonkey by mistake.

What is it you are trying to accomplish, just a new fancy look, more compact size, etc...? What is your specific goal?

FireFox Themes-
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/themes/

If you just want a more compact size, try going to the [View] then [Toolbars] then [Customize] menu. When you have opened this, down near the bottom, you have two worthwhile options.

One is a check box that will let you select 'Small Icons'. That should save some space.

Two, if you really want to trim it back, on the bottom right of the Customize screen, you will see 'Show:' followed by a drop down text box. That box allows you to select 'Text and Icons', 'Icons Only', or 'Text Only'.

If you are just looking for general or fun themes, follow the link shown above.

To install a particular Theme, select a Theme sumamry from the list of themes, that will take you do detailed information on that particular theme. Also, on that page should be an [Install] button. Just click on the button of a theme you like.

To select the active Theme, go to the [Tools] [Add On] menu, then select the [Theme] icon at the top of the new window. That will show you a list of available Themes.

Steve/bboyminn

[ November 15, 2006, 02:52 AM: Message edited by: BlueWizard ]

Posts: 803 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beautifulgirl57
Member # 9877

I was just looking for more fun themes. I'm not too worried about it being compact. Thanks for the link and the help!! [Smile]
Soara
Member # 6729

- posted      Profile for Soara   Email Soara         Edit/Delete Post 
What are skins?
Posts: 464 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.