FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Woot Off still in progress (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Woot Off still in progress
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Really. They should've had that on my way IN to work, not once I'm here.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
It's moving a little faster now. I imagine people are waking up and smelling the deals.

But pretty much everybody has a printer already, every company practically gives 'em away so they can keep you buying ink for $30.

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
"That'll be up all morning. "

Good! That way I don't have to worry about what gret deals I'm missing during my commute [Smile]

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

*bump* It's now a Roomba. (But if you don't want a Roomba it'll probably be a few hours before the next change too. The last time they sold this in a Woot-off they had 1500 of them.)
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
iRobot Roomba Discovery SE for $149.99

I don't have that kind of money, and probably wouldn't buy it if I did. But, there's a hilarious blog about someone who got this: Viva La Roombalución!. I literally can't read this without busting into laughter and reading bits out loud to anyone in the room.

The Roombas are going fast. [Wink]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

Nato's link is awesome - I love knowing the percent.

On the other hand, I'm delaying going to work, hoping that the next item will come up before I go.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I've already bought two Roombas from woot . . . I can't buy any more!

(Seriously, the Roomba is pretty awesome, though mine is a different model.)

It's at 85% right now, according to the service I'm using (Wootaholics).

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

I'm telling you, it's all about putting one of those tracker pages in the Firefox sidebar. I've been up all night writing a couple papers and I've got two 19" LCD screens that I bought off of Woot a couple weeks ago. I've had Firefox open in one, doing research and browsing the web with the current Woot in the sidebar, updated every 30 seconds or so.

Pretty nerdy, I know. Heh.

Links to this sort of thing:
http://modshark.com/woot/index.php?refresh=30 <--this is what I'm using
http://woot.benwells.org/
http://www.wootaholics.com/

Icarus
Member # 3162

I tried all of the services on the wiki until I found two I liked that seemed to work pretty well. The web-based one, which works the best, I just have on it's own tab. The tab itself has the percentage written on it, which is mostly all I need to know. When I have something other than Firefox on top, I just make sure that tab is the selected one, and then the percentage shows up on my taskbar as well. And I can jump to "Buy It" from wootaholics.

I'm sure it's not the only great caching service, but since I tried like a dozen of them, I'm not in a hurry to start trying new things again.

It's all good. [Cool]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

erm, in your edit you linked to the one I'm using.
Nato
Member # 1448

Eh, sorry Icarus. I edit my posts too much. Forgive me.
Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
Originally posted by Icarus:
It's all good. [Cool]

Icarus
Member # 3162

Wow, how about that refurb (r0x0rs!) handheld PC!
Nato
Member # 1448

Haha, no a digital camera that looks like a Zippo is better.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I have absolutely no need for a laptop. I already have one that is smaller and in many ways better than the one currently up.

So why on earth do I keep wanting one?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Just got my first item from woot. Pretty neat.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
24.99 is really good for a dual handset cordless phone system with remote voicemail. But I don't know if I should. Mercifully, it sold out. I'm hanging on with morbid anticipation to see if it will tempt me with a laptop. They've all been going fast. Even the robotic litterbox.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Too late!

That one went fast.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I tried to. I hit I want it in time, but lost it in the follow-through screens.

That's not a really good price; that's a fantastic price.

Icarus
Member # 3162

The laptop was (I think) a good price.

Just not quite something I needed.

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I almost got the litterbox. It's as close as we got to a BOC this time round...
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

*snort*
Icarus
Member # 3162

That was like a 45-hour adrenaline rush . . . and now I feel so . . . restless . . .
CaySedai
Member # 6459

My first Woot purchase

Now the hard part is deciding whether I will really give it to Amanda for Christmas or keep it for myself. [Wink]

Icarus
Member # 3162

FYI, you can pick up a 2 gig SD card for about $25, that will make it a little less, um, small.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

Icarus - was that FYI for me? Part of the reason I jumped on this purchase is because my digital camera takes SD cards, so I already have them.

Oh, and I showed Amanda the link and she's like, "It's ugly." That's too bad. [Wink] It may not be pretty, but it will play music. Maybe my "give to Amanda or keep for myself" decision won't be so hard after all.

Icarus
Member # 3162

Yeah, it was. Glad you already know. [Smile] You might point out (or you might not [Wink] ) that it has like four different-colored face plates to change the color. I honestly didn't get why people were going on and on in the woot forums about how ugly it was, like that really matters. I was very sorely tempted by that one.
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, not a Woot off, sorry to scare you, but there is a bag of crap.

*Runs back to see if it's going through.*

Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
I think I made it this time, but the server crashed before I could get any definitive feedback.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still waiting on the last bit of processing.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

The page said denied, but then a second later it went back to processing.
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

There's nothing more I can do now, I'm just going to wait half an hour and then check my account, and if I did get one, then I'm going to spend the next month wondering if I'll be getting an eight dollar ps3.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

Okay, now it's back to saying sold out, and staying there so it looks like I didn't get it. Oh well, maybe next time when I don't also have to register.
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

Mine went through, but I had all my information ready to go.

I'll repeat that.

Blinged out cabbage on the way!!!

[Party]

Merry Christmas, sorry you missed it.

Icarus
Member # 3162

I saw it right away at 1, but couldn't get my order through. [Frown]
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

Mine failed. Oh well.
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
I expected a BoC today, so I was at my computer shortly before midnight. For once, I didn't get any "Server too busy" responses. Pages loaded slow, but I was able to complete my order... except they had sold out by the time my order went through. [Frown]
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I make it a personal policy never to visit Woot. I'm afraid I might be tempted to buy something.

I don't need anything. I am content with what I have. Logging on to Woot can only change this perception and make me acutely aware of how much stuff I really really need, and will be unhappy without.

Ignorance is blissful for the Tante.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I'm not unhappy without any of the stuff I decide not to buy, nor would I be unhappy without any of the stuff I do decide to buy, if I didn't get it--the notable exception being, of course, the Bandoleer of Carrots. I realize pretty much everything they sell is a luxury item. It helps that they pretty much never have anything that is the top of its line, so I can always convince myself I don't need whatever it is because it's not really that good. When I end up buying from them, it's typically because they come up with something I've already been thinking I'd like to buy someday, and suddenly there it is for like half of the price. I also really enjoy their sense of humor, and I enjoy reading their forum--though I hardly post.

(I'm not trying to convince you, btw. I'm just rambling like I'm wont to do.)

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
You, ramble?

Never! [Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not just Woot. I hate shopping, too, in part for the feeling that I get that I want want want something that, just a few minutes ago, I didn't know existed, or that I had no desire for.

Even grocery shopping will trigger urges in me to buy stuff just because it is there, or novel, rather than because it is stuff that I need.

I'm better off steering clear. You guys go and enjoy without me.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
You, ramble?

Never! [Wink]

You're one to talk! [Razz]
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I always do..... [Wink]

Why do you think we get along so well, Icky? [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

[Laugh] you guys!
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

Woot off in progress.
TheTick
Member # 2883

And it's currently the famous Leakfrog that is available!
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Nothing but crap for the last fourteen hours.

And none of it bagged.

Nato
Member # 1448

The bag of crap won't show up until tomorrow, I hear.
TheTick
Member # 2883

I almost pulled the trigger on the Adaptec dual TV tuner, but there's not much out there on it working with MythTV. Now I wait for hard drives.
Icarus
Member # 3162

I was tempted by the Polaroid digital, but I have a digital camera (with fewer metgapixels), I hear the Polaroid brand name has been sold and is now a junk brand, and if I buy another digital camera, I want it to be pocket-sized. I was tempted by the digital tape measure, but it went in seconds. I am tempted by the DLP projector, but I don't have $600 to spare.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.