FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I really need help.

Author Topic: I really need help.
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know any up to date online encyclopias, besides Wikipedia? I need a free encyclopdia for my Review of Literature, due on Monday.

Of course, if anyone happens to know any sites, or have info on emotions and color (psycholigically connected), I'd be very grateful if you shared it with me.

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
You might find this search useful [Smile] :

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=emotions+color&hl=en&lr=&btnG=Search

To look at a lot of those articles, you'll need access to a subscription. The easiest way would be to visit a local university library and use a computer there.

Here are some online encyclopedias of possible use:

http://www.answers.com/library/Science%20and%20Technology%20Encyclopedia-cid-765108828

http://www.answers.com/library/Britannica%20Concise-cid-765108828

http://www.answers.com/library/Encyclopedia-cid-765108828

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
If you find some good abstracts of articles you'd like to have full copies of, email me (in profile), and I'll get them to you. I have access to a couple different universities' subscriptions, so I will probably be able to get them for you.
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
Why can't you go to oh I dunno an actual library? Doesn't your school have a library?
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I may be wrong, but I thought Jeesh was in high school, so she (he?) may not have many useful resources available.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean there are other encyclopedias besides Wikipedia? Must be an urban legend...
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

I'm in middle school. Yes, my school does have a library, but it's the weekend, and the school isn't open. I can't go to the public library because I don't have Internet access there, and I've already read the books on my topic. I'm also required to have internet and encyclopedia sources, or the judges dock points.
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
What is your topic, specifically? I may be able to get something for you through my home access to my university library.

I am on my way over to my brother's house and will be there all day, but if you post some more info here I promise I'll look back and get something for you when I get home. Someone else may be able to help you in the meantime, too. Let me know. [Smile] If you'd rather email particulars, you can do so at ward1130 at uab DOT edu

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

My science project is on how colors make people feel, and how age and gender affect it.
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry about the tone of my post then Jeesh. I assumed you were a college student.

Its a huge pet peeve of mine when college students refuse to actually go and use the library.

Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I assumed you were a college student.
I'm sure she will take that as a compliment. [Smile] I was shocked to learn how young she was, too.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

[Big Grin]

It's okay, I can understand that.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.