FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ready to see Cirque Du Soleil's 'Delirium' tomorrow!

Author Topic: Ready to see Cirque Du Soleil's 'Delirium' tomorrow!
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Bought the tickets back in May.

Can't wait until tomorrow night. [Smile]

DELIRIUM- A Live Musical Event

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mintieman
Member # 4620

- posted      Profile for Mintieman   Email Mintieman         Edit/Delete Post 
I adored Varekai when I saw it. Cirque Du Soleil are so amazing
Posts: 122 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very jealous. I've seen 3 of their shows and every one has been amazing.

I want to see the one called "LOVE" based on the entire musical history of the Beatles. It's supposed to be really great and it just opened.

If you ever get to the Orlando area, go see La Nouba.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw 'O' when I was in Vegas this past February. It was totally awesome. The stage would be a swimming pool, then rise up and all the water would be gone. I was so fascinated by all aspects of the show. As a theatre person, I couldn't help but be awed by the talent that went into every aspect of that show.
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
La Nouba is definately my favorite so far, though I have a friend currently in training for a show that will premiere in May so I might have to like that one better. [Razz]

How was Delirium?

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
Dragon, do I know your friend? Oh, and Ash says hi.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Delirium was wonderful!

With one exception, the show delivered everything it promised. A sensory overload extravaganza of popular songs from previous Cirque shows remixed into a rapid live musical number...complete with acrobats and bizarre characters.

The only letdown: Let Me Fall (my favorite song from Quidam) was mysteriously absent from the show. It's on the official soundtrack CD and listed as a number on the website...I can only guess that technical difficulties prevented it from being performed.

This is a -very- FX intensive show.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Mike - Jacob Skeffington? He was on tour a little after you were I think... he started in '99. And you can tell Ash that I say 'hi' back. [Smile]
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I adored Delirium. I'm not familiar enough with their past music to miss a piece here and there and the whole thing was stunning. Very large scale and different than their shows usually are. I loved the images presented and the music and clever staging. Great fun!!

(I saw it in Portland, OR in October.)

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen O, La Nouba, and Dralion. When I saw O, my wife and I had the center two seats in the front row. That was pretty awesome. I'd love to see it again, though, because I was too exhausted to properly appreciate it.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.