FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Not Dead Yet UK

Author Topic: Not Dead Yet UK
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I read an article in the Guardian today and found out sndrake's and Diane's organization has its UK sister. Cheers guys [Smile]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
That looks like a really cool organization.

Congrats!

*goes off to see the site in depth*

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

Just because I've been away doesn't mean I haven't been busy.

Background: Diane and I had both corresponded with Jane Campbell and some of the other UK disability activists in the past. One day Jane emailed me to ask if it would be OK to launch a branch of NDY in the UK.

Well, that didn't take much thought. On behalf of Diane and myself, I told her we'd be thrilled and honored. Kept the whole thing under wraps until they were ready to go public.

Thanks for the heads-up on the article. I missed that one with all the pre-Thanksgiving prep today and some general chaos yesterday.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Great! Congratulations on seeing some additional fruits of your labors, sndrake. (Or should I say "labours"? [Wink] )
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

CT - I haven't forgotten the question you asked on the recent autism/cure thread. I mean to get back to it. The answer won't be a short one - and we have had fundraisers, end of year reports and other stuff taking up time and energy.

I'll probably start with a question: Is it ethical or honest for medical researchers to talk in terms of "cure" regarding research into autism and other lifelong conditions and disabilities? The short answer is "no" - the long part is explaining why.

Edit to add: and I think the reasons will make sense to you from a medical perspective.

[ November 23, 2006, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: sndrake ]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.