FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack's Sick People Thread. (Come here for comfort)

Author Topic: Hatrack's Sick People Thread. (Come here for comfort)
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I woke up with a fever and that depresses me. My mom has been out since 5am so she cannot comfort me and say that everything will be ok. So here I am, alone in this little apartment. The only window to the world is this computer. I ate some pizza and my stomach hurts now.
All I want is someone to comfort me with their sweet words.
*wallows in self-pity*

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
aw. Poor you. *hot water bottle*

My head will not stop hurting... It's part migraine and part TMJ.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
*wallows in self-pity right alongside Alt*

I've had a cold since, um, a while ago, and I tried one night to make soup, but the kitchen was a mess, so I cleaned it first, and then got really dizzy trying to cook, so that didn't go well at all. I haven't eaten real food in, um, a while. My head has spikes through it. My nose at least finally stopped dripping. My coughing keeps me awake at night and vibrates the spikes in my head. I can't breathe - it feels like an asthma attack. And I haven't taken a shower in, um, a while because I'd probably pass out. *whine* Passing out being a not good thing. So Fahim has to smell me, but he doesn't complain. If he did... Well, I wouldn't do anything like hit him cuz I'm too weak to. Don't know if I could lift my puny little arms. *cough* My throat hurts. *whine* Oh, and I made lime jellow *Yay!* from agar, so it sets quicker and has a funny texture compared to jello made from gelatin, but it's all good. Fahim gets chocolate biscuit pudding. I get lime jello. *whine*

Can someone please remove the spikes already?

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
There's not even any aspirin in the house. I took the last Tylenol pill yesterday and the only thing left to do is take some of that nasty Nyquill that my mom got. I hate cough syrup. Besides, it doesn't really do much for the head ache that just decided to show up.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I have ibuprofen, but what with not ingesting real food, with my sensitive tummy, it's not a good idea. [Frown] So I've been rubbing copious amounts of Siddhalepa (local equivalent of Tiger Balm) all over my head, neck, and chest. It helps keep the nasal passages open at least.

Did I mention that I don't actually like jello? Did I mention that, back when I had gallbladder problems, I was on a zero fat diet for, oh, a few months, and that the final month before I finally got the damn gallbladder removed, I could eat only applesauce and jello because absolutely anything else would give me yet another gallbladder attack that lasted for so many painful hours of throwing up and intense pain? Yeah, I don't like jello. And yet, here I am, eating lime jello as a treat. Yum. [Frown] *whine*

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
(((quidscribes, alt, & synestheasia)))

Hope you all get better.

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
I have mono which has led to multiple spleenic infarcts. This in turn has led to decreased liver function which essentially gives me the symptoms of hepatitis without the disease. The doctor says it will be at least a month before I am allowed to lift anything over 20 pounds and 3 months before I can do anything strenuous for fear of my spleen spontaneously rupturing. Good thing my job requires me to lift heavy objects on a daily basis eh?

Fortunately my boss is allowing me to return to work on a modified schedule for the next month. I've been off for all but three days out of the last three weeks as I struggled to do anything besides sit on the couch and feel like I was dying. Hooray for someone being understanding for once.

Thanks in advance for the pity.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Right now I feel rather sick at heart. Does that count. A lot of things have been going on in my residence that are extremely depressing. Two people from my floor, both good friends of mine, were arrested two nights ago. One of them is out of the university for good.

((Sick Hatrackers))

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I might ber catching a COLD!!!
No. I must work 55-60 hours next week.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Sick anywhere counts, FTOAS.
Much love <33

katdog42
Member # 4773

- posted      Profile for katdog42   Email katdog42         Edit/Delete Post 
*pats everybody on the head*

Well, I'm not sick, but seeing as how Hatrack comforted me so well when I was, I thought I'd offer something back.

Eat some soup, curl up with a good book or (if you hurt too much to read) a good movie and a favorite blanket and get some rest. Hope you all feel better soon.
Kat

Posts: 340 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
well, I'm on the mend from a mono and a subsequent relapse/throat ulcer. THe ulcer is healing, but my throat still hurts, and my tonsils are swollen. My parents think I may need to get my tonsils removed- but then again, my parents tend to overreact.

My best friend's parents just found out I'm pagan. Their reaction was... less than ideal, though not bad. I'm worried about what they'll say about it the next time I see them. My parents are also not pleased that my choice of religion hasn't just "gone away" and it isn't a "phase." The way I see it, I didn't change my beliefs, just found a better name for them, but parents...

I'm also lonely at school, and about to bite the head off of one of my roommates. My sister is also sick, with what she thinks is the flu. My immune system is still weak from the mono, and I've started coughing again, so I think I may be coming down with it too.

Bah.

((sick Jatraqueros))

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

I know how that goes, I can remember trying to explain my unusual beliefs to my relatives
That did not go well.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.