FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Don't let hate happen here. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Don't let hate happen here.
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
*raises pimp cane*

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pH:
*raises pimp cane*

-pH

I know Daddy Pearce loves me because she only hits me with her hand open, never with a fist. <3
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And on top of that, again, you missed the entire point of the thread. The point of that particular post was for me to make a request. There WAS no question beyond "Will you guys please be more considerate?" That was the question.
Doesn't this assume that: A. People can control threads and B. That there were no pre-existing circumstances?

We all know we can't control a thread, and you pissed off a LOT of people when you killed the thread that wasn't going your way. Starting up a new thread RIGHT AFTER killing one that people put quite a bit of time into.

I think given your mindset and the situation, you were screwed the minute you started the FIRST thread. Killing that and starting a second one just sealed the deal.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Why can't we just drop the subject before it gets any bigger?

Edit: Seriously, it's annoying. I know what you're going to say, "Well, if you don't like it, go to some other thread." To answer that, because it pisses me off that people just can't learn to handle these situations without letting them get too big for anyone. Look, what Pearce did was wrong, but it doesn't matter anymore. I understand that the words you guys put there were valuable to you but why can't you guys just learn to let go of that? If Pearce didn't like what you said, big deal, but at least remember that you at least tried to help.
I suggest we drop the subject before more emnities are made.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

If I thought dropping it now would mean it'll never come up again...
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
If I thought dropping it now would mean it'll never come up again...

Well, it takes two to tango. If she bring it up again, you have the option of ignoring it.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
"Well, if you don't like it, go to some other thread."
Apparently you don't, because that's not even close to what I was going to say, though it looks strikingly close to:

quote:
If she bring it up again, you have the option of ignoring it
Take your own advice?
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

quote:
quote:
Apparently you don't, because that's not even close to what I was going to say, though it looks strikingly close to:

quote:
Take your own advice?

Don't even go there.
I'm trying to rally for both sides here and you are attacking me because of it?

JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
pH, it seemed to me, as someone who didn't participate in the thread in question at all, that she is angry at having her position miscategorized by you....not mean spirited.

And she isn't the only one who disagrees with you on what was said, and how it was said.

This is one of the disadvantages of deleting thread, as there is nothing to help clarify your position about the conversation in question.

How is it OK for YOU to use your personal experiences in making blanket statements about non-wealthy people, but when others do the same regarding wealthier people is is a personal attack on you?

Pot, meet the kettle.

Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Pot, meet the kettle.
Funny, this expression has been used a lot this week. I don't recall seeing it before.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JenniK:
How is it OK for YOU to use your personal experiences in making blanket statements about non-wealthy people, but when others do the same regarding wealthier people is is a personal attack on you?

I didn't do that. This is what's so frustrating for me. You guys aren't reading what I'm actually saying. What I was TRYING to say was that things were being said that were hurting my feelings, and believe it or not, I do have feelings and they do get hurt. And instead of taking that at face value you have to try to poke holes in what I'm saying. All I was trying to say was that my feelings were being hurt, both here and in real life, and I'd appreciate it if at least here that kind of thing could be avoided.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by Altáriël of Dorthonion:
quote:
quote:

quote:
Take your own advice?

Don't even go there.

No, I just don't like you making assumptions and then hypocritically trying to shush me. Maybe if this conversation is exhausted beyond all possible belief, it will make it completely unnecessary, and rather unfavorable, to ever bring up again.

Kind of like when an angry father catches his kid smoking and locks him in the closet until he finishes the pack.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by King of Men:
quote:
Pot, meet the kettle.
Funny, this expression has been used a lot this week. I don't recall seeing it before.
KoM, it is a reference to an idiom, "the pot calling the kettle black."
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
Take your own advice?

Don't even go there.

No, I just don't like you making assumptions and then hypocritically trying to shush me. Maybe if this conversation is exhausted beyond all possible belief, it will make it completely unnecessary, and rather unfavorable, to ever bring up again.

Kind of like when an angry father catches his kid smoking and locks him in the closet until he finishes the pack.

I made a general assumption that was not particularly directed at you, you're not that special, love.
The whole point of me posting that in the first place, was because I'm tired of watching people bicker at each other over something that is just not worth it. GET OVER YOURSELVES.

Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
pH, I really am genuinely sorry that you've been hurt.

That said, I think you need to let this one go for the time being, since nothing can be satisfactorily proven about whether or not you're being picked on. Maybe just post in fluffy threads for a while until you're feeling better about the community? If you feel you are being picked on in the future, take it up with the specific members who speak to you.

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Pearce- I've sometimes noticed a quality in our conversations that is you saying: "I am annoyed right now, don't mess with me.." and my immediate, uncontrollable reaction is to immediately mess with you. I'm sorry if you're ticked with me personally, but that's just something I never think about much. If someone I know talks to me, light-hearted abuse is what they are going to get, but to most people it doesn't really feel that way.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Y'all farcically bypassing the potential life-lessons that Rotar Mode had pre-packaged in this very thread.

Be more marvy.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pH:
My question is, how could it be at all productive to discuss anything with you by email if you're absolutely dead-set in the idea that you've done no wrong and I am apparently unreasonable? Most of your posts on this thread have been pretty mean-spirited. I'm not that masochistic.

And on top of that, again, you missed the entire point of the thread. The point of that particular post was for me to make a request. There WAS no question beyond "Will you guys please be more considerate?" That was the question.

-pH

I am deadset on my not having done anything wrong for one simple reason: because I haven't done anything wrong.

I never said you had to email me, obviously. I said you could if you wanted to. Because aside from threads such as this one where the topic is forum dissension, I am not going to have any interaction with you. I've already probably guaranteed myself some nice, juicy pariah status by standing up to you, despire what Tom says.

Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Look, what Pearce did was wrong, but it doesn't matter anymore. I understand that the words you guys put there were valuable to you but why can't you guys just learn to let go of that? If Pearce didn't like what you said, big deal, but at least remember that you at least tried to help.

You're right, but unfortunately, Pearce is the one who continues to bring this topic up months after the fact. For proof, look at her first post in this thread, which is what angered me, and her posts calling the entire forum names in the other thread she linked here. It would be lovely if we could let this go, but alas, it always seems to come up anyway, and not from me or Lyrhawn or anybody else. I got sick of the demand that we continue to answer for Pearce's hurt feelings, months later.

In the spirit of letting it go, though, this will be my last post in this thread.

Thanks.

Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Rather than fighting in a thread online, shouldn't the ladies be pillow fighting in skimpy lingerie in real life?

More love, less hate, please.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
pH....first off, that wasn't JenniK speaking up there. It was me. JenniK is my wife, and she forgot to log off last time she posted, and I didn't catch it.

So now, because I pointed out something you posted, I am attacking you?

DISAGREEING WITH YOU ISN'T THE SAME AS ATTACKING YOU!

" My whole point was that (going back to what I had originally said, that it bothered me that people seem to think that all college kids who have things have huge entitlement complexes) most of the entitlement complexes I run into in my life are from people who think that they're "real" and grew up "hard." " .

You objected to a huge generalization with one of your own, right there.

I am not trying to pick on you pH, but trying to show you that you are quite oversensitive at times. People may at times say things that you assume were directed at you that really weren't, and your feelings get hurt.

People disagree with each other all the time, but you seem to take it very personal. You also bring it up on a regular basis. For all your complaints about pig piling, I haven't seen a single person other than yourself bring any of this crap up in the past month or two.

I have no agenda here, no problem with you so far, and no ax to grind. I was not involved in the previous discussions, because I knew that no matter what I said it could be taken the wrong way.

I think you are a nice person, but if you really want this type of stuff to stop, I would do two things. Stop posting very personal stuff in public unless you want a discussion of it, and stop bringing up past discussions that offended you when others have already let it drop.

Or you could ignore my suggestions, lump me in with all the "mean" people who pick on you, and continue to play the martyr.

It's your call.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn it, I opened this thread looking for pictures of cute kittens, but . . . nothing! >_<

[Frown]

-o-

Oh, and, you don't have to be rich to be spoiled.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope....,my wife is poor (married to me she'd have to be), and I spoil her every day. [Wink]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No. I'm not. Because if something is really hurting me and is relatively easy to fix, it's inconsiderate to not make an effort to fix it.
Not when you're ginormously oversensitive, and therefore hurt by damn near every post on certain topics, no matter how carefully they're phrased. My brother's the same way, and I decided a long time ago that I'm not going to change my behavior and spend the rest of my life walking on eggshells around him, just to prevent him from overreacting and having a meltdown. I will continue to treat him the same way I treat the rest of my friends and family, and until he learns that everything is not about him and drops his persecution complex we'll just continue to fight a lot.

You want everyone to cater to your whims, and then you get indignant when they refuse. Also, what msquared said.

I'm sure you want to put me in the "Pearce-bashing" camp, and I can't see any way to be honest with you without getting stuck with that designation, so that is what it is. But I don't hate you -- I like you. I want life to get easier for you. All I can offer is my honest assessment; you can believe it or not. But know this: for every post I've made like this about your behavior and your reactions to the behavior of others, I've probably swallowed five or more beforehand.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
Take your own advice?

Don't even go there.

I made a general assumption that was not particularly directed at you, you're not that special, love.
The whole point of me posting that in the first place, was because I'm tired of watching people bicker at each other over something that is just not worth it. GET OVER YOURSELVES.

[Smile]

Sure.

Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Libbie,
I'm more lurker than poster here lately, but I just wanted to register my support. You're making a lot of sense. You won't get any flack from me for it. Some things just need to be said.
-Katarain

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
Take your own advice?

Don't even go there.

[Smile]

Sure.

Well that is that then.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.