FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Need help finding a friend

Author Topic: Need help finding a friend
Soundstream
Member # 9869

- posted      Profile for Soundstream   Email Soundstream         Edit/Delete Post 
I have an Internet "Pen Pal" that I've been emailing for almost 10 years now, but he lives in CA and I live in OH, so we've never met.

I sent him some CDs two years ago, but lost his (home) address and can't find it. I want to send him a Christmas card, but can't very well surprise him with it if I have to email him first and ask for his address. I tried to look him up online but his postal address is unlisted.

He has an Earthlink account and uses his real name as part of his email. Is there any way I can get his address from them? I can send old email messages as proof, but they will probably still refuse. Is there any other way to find him?

Any and all ideas are welcome. (Except stalking: I can't afford the airfare. Just kidding!!! [Wink] )

Posts: 29 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking that asking for his address will probably be less creepy than the alternative, even if you do manage to find it easily. Surprise is overrated. [Smile]

However, if you're set on the surprise angle, do you have any mutual friends who might have his address?

Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Just tell him you're updating your address book, don't mention the card.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soundstream
Member # 9869

- posted      Profile for Soundstream   Email Soundstream         Edit/Delete Post 
Shmuel -- Great idea, but no. I don't know anyone else who lives in Southern California.

Breyerchic04 -- I think we have a winner! Although this close to Christmas, he's going to probably figure it out...

Ah, whatever. I can surprise him next Christmas. Thanks everyone!

Posts: 29 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in California, want me to stalk him for you?
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
you'd be surprised what men don't figure out.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
You'd be surprised what men do figure out and pretend they haven't.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Breyer's got the perfect idea, and if you tell him you're making sure you have right addresses for everyone for Xmas cards, then a package will still be a surprise.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
you'd be surprised what men don't figure out.
You'd be equally surprised what women don't figure out.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soundstream
Member # 9869

Oops, didn't mean to be starting something here...battle of the sexes, Round 1 [ding!]

I've already emailed him. As long as the subject line has the word "quick" in it, he'll get back to me (we tend to write novels to each other). He's one of those engineers that works 12+ hours a day and barely has time to bathe or sleep. So stalking him would do no good, unless you knew where he worked and planned to camp out there. [Wink]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.