FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Is anybody NOT crazy?

Author Topic: Is anybody NOT crazy?
Hank
Member # 8916

- posted      Profile for Hank   Email Hank         Edit/Delete Post 
Evie's post about roommates got me thinking, and I realized that most if not all of my roommates (the majority of whom I have known prior to living with them) turned out to be crazy once I had lived with them for a while.

Now, maybe living with me makes people crazy. Or maybe I've just had bad luck with roommates. But maybe everyone is secretly crazy, and there really is no such thing as normal.

What do you think of my theory, hatrack?

Posts: 368 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
"You're not crazy. You're sane in a crazy world."
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
If everyone's crazy, wouldn't being crazy be normal? What, then, would being normal be?
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Hank, you're crazy. Go ride a chevy neon.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nellie Bly
Member # 9129

- posted      Profile for Nellie Bly   Email Nellie Bly         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, my first roommate slept at our place, like, twice. My second room mate, was a partying freak, who later stole my television, and my third roommie (ahem, AoD) is a definite loonie, who drags everyone into looney world with her.

...I miss looney world.

That being said, almost everyone I know is crazy in some way or another. You should have seen my families thanksgiving. Talk about your crazies.

Posts: 97 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I've noticed that everyone's got a label these days...
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Storm Saxon:
I've noticed that everyone's got a label these days...

Case and point, Storm Saxon is a rainy member of a Germanic people in ancient times dwelling near the mouth of the Elbe, a portion of whom invaded and occupied parts of Britain in the 5th and 6th centuries.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't have that bad of roommates.

The worst was the girl who go to frat parties, sleep with whoever would say hello to her, and then haunt the phone for the next week waiting for them to call her. When they never did, she'd accuse us of withholding her messages.

It was incredibly sad.

Catherine wins the bad roommate contest, though. Her freshman year roommate was a working prostitute who brought clients to their dorm room. If Catherine didn't want to be around it, she was welcome to leave. (!!!!)

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not crazy.
Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I think we're all pretty crazy. I know I am.
quote:
If everyone's crazy, wouldn't being crazy be normal? What, then, would being normal be?
Normal doesn't exist. It's just a figment of our imagination that society likes to endorse.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I live with two very odd enginerds. They have discussions about the fourth dimension and other things that I tune out. They're not crazy though, one is one of the most normal guys I've ever met.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I, um, was the bad roommate. I tried really hard not to be, but the fact of the matter is I'm not an easy person to live with. I'm very messy.

Ok, I wasn't as bad as some of the stories above (like Kat's friend Catherine [Eek!] ). But, it's a very good thing that the person I live with now loves me in spite of all my faults. [Smile]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beautifulgirl57
Member # 9877

- posted      Profile for beautifulgirl57   Email beautifulgirl57         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Carrie:

EXACTLY. Thanks, Carrie.
Posts: 46 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
If Catherine didn't want to be around it, she was welcome to leave. (!!!!)

actually, I was welcome to watch... *shudders*
Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm seeing double.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.