FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm sick and tired of all this stuff

Author Topic: I'm sick and tired of all this stuff
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm tired of caring, tired of fighting.

I suppose all this crap going on has sapped me of energy and whatnot- right now I just feel depressed.

Sometimes I wish that for one second I didn't have to care, didn't have to feel, didn't have to feel like the weight of the world is on me. Which it is. The weight of my world is on me and me alone- there is no one who can abate that, because it is irrefutable- and all people ever try and do is use me for their own evil machinations.

Just tired of life at the moment I suppose. Not that I'mn suicidal- that choice was no longer a viable one a long, long time ago.

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
You sound way too much like me. I just put your s/n on my buddy list, but I have class right now. If you don't mind, I'll message you sometime in the near future.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gecko
Member # 8160

- posted      Profile for Gecko           Edit/Delete Post 
What's the differnce between ignorance and apathy?
Posts: 340 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
One requires, or at least implies, will.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I know that feeling...
It seems as if I care about people and look out for them and mostly get the pain instead of the pleasure and fun.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gecko:
What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?

I don't know and I don't care.

Shawshank, is it possible that part of why you're feeling this way is the weather? An awful lot of people find that winter weather (which means they get much less sunlight, which triggers various biological processes) makes them depressed. Weather permitting, try to spend some time sitting in a patch of sunlight.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
See a shrink. Not to sound callous or anything, but this could be a biological thing. Or it could be a psychological thing. Either way, you want it fixed.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

Yeah- I probably do.

See half the problem is the mental illness in my family (not me but others).

Also since I had to leave my church it is harder for me to see friends since I don't really have any at school.

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
If you want someone to talk to, feel free to IM me. I'd definitely look into seeing a therapist or psychiatrist. It helps to feel like you kind of have a support team to work with you to help make life less blah.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

Rivka- I don't know. I have spent less time outside here lately- due to work, school, and a ridiculously crazy home life.

It might be- Lord knows I don't enjoy winter nearly as much as summer, and I do rather enjoy spending time outside.

I think maybe I just needed to have myself a pity party since sometimes I suppose I want pity- as stupid as that sounds.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Sympathy is a perfectly valid human need. Not stupid -- just human.

And even around here, most of us think that's a good thing. [Wink]

I do think the shrink suggestion pH and Phanto made has merit as well.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.