FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » We are overdue for a SHINDA! SoCal folks, get in here! NOW with question on page 3! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: We are overdue for a SHINDA! SoCal folks, get in here! NOW with question on page 3!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*nudge*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I sent it yesterday. Maybe your filter doesn't like me and thinks I'm spam?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you use my old e-mail?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Apparently. Now re-sent to the email in your profile.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I've been forgetting to ask this question for weeks. oops!

Any allergies or strong food dislikes? (I recall someone in La Familia de Moose y Squirrel doesn't like either cauliflower or broccoli. So no plans to serve either.) Any vegetarians?

I am currently planning to serve cold cuts, salads (none containing jello -- sorry), chips, and veggies. However, except for the latter two items (and drinks), those are changeable.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

We're bringing sparkling cider (four bottles should do it, right?)

Jeff doesn't like cherries. I don't eat raw tomatoes (and I think one of the Moose clan doesn't, either, although I'm not sure.) As long as they're not mixed in I don't mind if you have them, of course (like, on a veggie tray is fine, but please don't put them in a salad if you want me to eat it. Unless they're whole cherry or grape tomatoes, which are easy to avoid and don't leak on other foods.) Jeff also dislikes sweet potatoes, but I have no clue how that would come into play. I am not a fan of bananas, but will eat them if they're in a fruit salad (and the kids love them.) I can't have CoolWhip (probably not a problem) or other non-dairy substitutes, so please warn me if there's one in something (it's a really weird newly developed allergy, sadly.) Oh, and I'm allergic to hazelnuts, too. Other than that, we eat most things.

rivka
Member # 4859

Does "non-dairy substitutes" include soy and/or rice milk, or only the lovely chemical cocktail kinds?

The only other thing on that list that I was thinking of putting out is tomatoes, and they're little ones for a veggie plate. So shouldn't be a problem.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Soy and rice milk are fine. It's just the chemical ones that contain no food known to nature. [Smile]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(I also don't eat sucralose/Splenda, which tastes like burnt rubber to me, but I doubt you are planning on that, either.)
rivka
Member # 4859

Nope. [Smile]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*bump, just in case anyone wants to come last minute or the Meeses want to answer the question*
rivka
Member # 4859

Everyone has directions, right?
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
Pop doesn't like cauliflower. We all like broccoli if it's cooked (some of us might eat it raw). Mooselet and Superstation will eat all cherry or grape tomatoes in sight! Superstation can't have anything with raw egg in it. Other than that I think we are good.
Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Ok, no raw eggs. That rules out precisely nothing I was planning on. [Wink]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yeah, rivka, I don't eat raw eggs, either. [Razz]
rivka
Member # 4859

Funny thing. Me either.

The rain (which is supposed to get progressively lighter through tomorrow afternoon) isn't going to keep any of y'all away, is it?

saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I had a really nice time, everyone. Thanks for letting me know about it. So will anyone be posting pictures?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Glad to see you made it home safe. Thanks for making the drive!

And thanks to everyone for coming. [Smile]

The only pictures I have are of the cake . . . and I haven't figured out the whole getting-pictures-from-cell-phone-elsewhere thing.

I think kq took a bunch of pics, and also Mama Squirrel. I wanna see 'em too, please. [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

kq fell asleep in the car and was led in to collapse in bed, waking up to remove items of clothing periodically. She just woke up to brush her teeth and potty and things and then is going back to bed. Pics will be posted tomorrow.
rivka
Member # 4859

But she managed to post at 2 am? *laugh*

Hope you got a good night's sleep. [Smile]

TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
and they say kq has a "normal" sleep schedule... =p

pretty much ditto on what saxon75 said, it was a very nice time, and thanks for being so friendly and welcoming to a newcomer. And now I feel all proud that PapaMoose declared me real since I held a squoose (pardon my probable misspelling and/or mis-naming of the little one).

also, thanks again to Noemon for being such a nice guy and providing us with a very hatrack-y cake despite his being thousands of miles away [Smile]

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Hey! It took at least two of us to declare you real (and I think I happened to "declare" it before Pop did). [Big Grin]

And you spelled Squoose exactly right. [Smile] Watching him and Her Royal Heinzness try to eat each other's noses was wonderful dinner theater. [Wink]

TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
true true, Rivka did state it first, but I have to think Moose's criteria were a little more stringent. I'm pretty sure you declared me real before I even walked through the door, wheras I had to hold a child before Senor Moose would pass judgement.

And yes, I think the infant attempted-gnaw-fest was arguably the highlight of the afternoon, potentially followed by "That's what I do." ahh, the joy of little children...

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Your welcome, Grimace. Glad it was tasty!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I think "Hello, Jake. Thank you for the cake!" was at least on the level of "That's what I do!"
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(And I am thinking of recording One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish with a bell or something for a "turn the page" noise and making it available through the Reading Aloud Club so Papa Moose never has to read it again if he doesn't want to, since I think his boys liked hearing me read it. Not to mention for my own sake.)
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[Grumble] I can't find the thingy that the memory card goes in to upload the photos. So photos will have to wait until KPC gets home and tells me where in the heck it is.
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

for all those who care to know, kq definately had the most passionate/animate reading of the book that I've ever heard, and was keeping 3 children and 7 adults more or less rapt through the entire thing. So this recording idea could be a real boon [Smile]

and to be fair, the little ones may have been rapt too, I can't recall whether they were paying attention or just trying to eat each other at the time.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

They looked up once in a while. [Wink]
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
The wonderful cake from Noemon. The babies playing together. The two ketchup kids .

There were a few other pics, but unfortunately they were blurry.

Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I still can't find the thingy. We'll keep looking.

I realized tonight that I forgot to sing Papa Moose the song he wanted me to sing the first time we met and I promised to learn for him.

Again.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Pictures are up!
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
That cake is too funny!

Thanks for sharing all the photos. [Smile]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.