FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Commercial for Hatrack! *almost done!*fixing an audio glitch, coming Tuesday

Author Topic: Commercial for Hatrack! *almost done!*fixing an audio glitch, coming Tuesday
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
EDIT: If you have ANY kind of video capture device, come in here and talk to me. I want YOU.

I'm thinking about what I could possibly do for my motion graphics class now that I only have a week to complete this assignment and I have 0 done after I put Ender's Game on hiatus because of reasons mentioned in my other threads, namely "I CANNOT do this alone". I decided to go with something that was far more simple and easy to think of: a commercial for Hatrack. Something like:

**Start**

Are you tired of this?
*show screencap of another board with n00by titles like "Horny Perverts 3: Perverts Strike Back" (this was a real thread title [ROFL] )

Are you tired of this?
*let's show a flame war here*

What about this?
*let's show a picture of an internet trolling example here: those people that post an insane number or pictures per post or a rediculously long picture*

Are you seeking a place where you can sit down and have a real conversation with people?

Maybe a place where you can form real bonds with people you have never met?

A place where you can escape the idiocy of the world?

Try Hatrack.

*fades into screen showing threads on Hatrack*

At the Hatrack River Forums you can....*goes on to show all the good stuff about this place like our annual gift to charity and our gift exchange*

If you need a place to get away from it all...

Hatrack is a good place.

[ December 08, 2006, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Altáriël of Dorthonion ]

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a very cute idea. But if I understand the assignment, doesn't it need to involve a lot of motion? Not sure this would . . . unless you're going to use a LOT of smilies. [Dont Know] [Dont Know] [Dont Know]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing Altariel is planning on doing a lot of screen panning/scrolling/fades.

How about if you did mini interviews, or something similar to the Apple switch add? For example you dress a girl up with heaps of brand name clothing and other frou frou, talking in stereotypes and unintelligible internet jargon. You use her to represent other gaudy image-heavy fora, while you have another more sensibly dressed girl representing Hatrack. (?)

You would need some kind of white backdrop, or maybe a green screen.

Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I was actually thinking about this. I finally have a camera that I can use to capture film so I'm planning on being that girl and have you check out my valley girl accent.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

You have, like, a Valley girl accent? Ohmigosh, gag me with a spoooon!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
*laughs* rivka, I can so, like, totally hear that in my, like, head, ya know?
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Yeah. Well, I grew up with enough people who actually talked that way that I can mimic it. Usually without grinding my teeth TOO much. [Wink]
Euripides
Member # 9315

quote:
Originally posted by Altáriël of Dorthonion:

I was actually thinking about this. I finally have a camera that I can use to capture film so I'm planning on being that girl and have you check out my valley girl accent.

I've gotta see this. You're posting it on youtube right?
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Ouch, rivka. I only ever heard it in that movie, Valley Girl, with Nicolas Cage. Thank goodness it never really reached into Canada.

Alt, good luck with the project. Have you thought of perhaps showing bits of a shinda or such with Hatrackers? Maybe bits of a WenchCon? Oh, you probably don't have time...

You'll share it when you're done, right? [Smile]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Of course I will. I don't have a natural valley girl accent, you guys. But I can do it pretty well. If you can get footage from Shinda, I'd use it. Or if anyone would be willing to shoot any of the scenes for me, that would be even better. I might be able to get my ninja turtles (ex-roommates) involved in this too!
Euripides
Member # 9315

Good luck with the project!
rivka
Member # 4859

To the best of my knowledge, while there exist pictures from various Shindae, there is no video footage.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
So ... waddya want from us? (sorry if I'm being dense and missed the obviousness)
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that's a cool idea, but since this is for a project, I definitely think you need to punch it up with more movement. The idea is cool to tape the two girls. I like it.
Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I will add motion graphics to it, my grade depends on it. Still of Shindae are good too, I can work around those.

For now, I just need to know whether you have a video camera or not.

pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, if I could do video, I'd totally make one of me being like, "Hatrack got me this new...(insert random object)! Thanks, Hatrack! *cheesy grin*"

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
It would be hilarious if you did a commercial for hatrack mimicking those commercials for lawyers. I don't know if ya'll have them in your area but a quenticential one has a guy they call "The Texas Hammer" and he yells a lot about how bad insurance companies are. And then have a bunch of people giving lines like "I was in a terrible accident with and 18-wheeler, and the insurance company didn't want to give me any money. But I went to Hatrack and now life is perfect!"

OR! A mimic of a furniture commercial. With someone yelling "Hatrack! Hatrack! Hatrack! Come to hatrack right now for your literary, movie and gossip needs! You need politics?! We got 'em! You need television recaps?! We got 'em! Now at half price! Come on down!" and such. Lots of flashes and cheesy cartoons.

I know you'll probably not even consider these ideas, but it sure is fun to think about a hatrack commercial once you get into it.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I don't have a video camera. I have everything but a camera. It's at my house in Central Florida. Oh well. Sorry.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

What's a good line for yelling at someone when they are on the other side of the computer? I need something to say when I beat up my computer and I really want to hit you. Give me some grief!

*I will not actually beat up my computer

Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
"I'm gonna reach right through my screen and rip your tonsils out!"

"I'm gonna throttle you with your own CAT5!"

"Why don't you look up my address on Facebook, locate it on Google Maps, book a flight to my hometown on Expedia.com, reserve local transportation from Zipcar.com, and say it to my face?"

"oh em gee, ur a lamer, rofl. i powned ur noob ass."

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

WonderDog is doing his part in helping me, he's contributing some footage! I'm hoping everyone can pitch in! All things are appreciated and useful, ideas, footage, and pictures.
Friday
Member # 8998

- posted      Profile for Friday   Email Friday         Edit/Delete Post 
It would be cool if you could do a shot where it crossfades from the [Wall Bash] graemlin to someone actualy bashing their head against a brick wall.
Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Ooh! I could use that!
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you going to put it on YouTube?
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack apply directly to the forum, Hatrack apply directly to the forum, Hatrack apply directly...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

It's coming tomorrow! Tomorrow it's going to be added to YouTube for your viewing pleasure.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Yay!
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

It will be up by 8am, I'll post it soon! I'm just adding the finishing touches. [Smile]
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
You not going to attract in a bunch of valley-girl type n00bs with this, are you Alt?

That's JUST what these guys need.....

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

The valley girl didn't make it in the final cut because of timing issues, but I'll post a video of me and a valley girl accent just to satisfy your unsatiable cravings. [Wink]
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Altariel, where are you taking your motion graphics class? What program(s) do you use?

We should do some Hatrack shorts based on the various personalities that inhabit the board. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

That would be great!
I'm using After Effects 7.0
The project was due today but I found some bugs in the audio, so my teacher let met turn it in later. I'll post it once I have gotten rid of said bug.

Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
That's cool! I love AE7! Is yours the academic or full if you don't mind me asking?
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
When do we get to see it???
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*waits with popcorn*

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.