FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I quit my job (And got another)

Author Topic: I quit my job (And got another)
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, after searching for a month, I finally decided to take a job in Juneau Alaska. Everything with the new job was more or less officialized today, and I let my boss know about it. He let me go without asking for two more weeks, so I'm done with that company. It was good experience, and definitely worth it to have had this job, but I'm tired of being shorted in the pay area. Thanks to everyone who helped with the job hunt. Now I just need to get ready to make the biggest leap I've ever made. Everything's gonna change soon, wish me luck [Big Grin]
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! Did I read that right? Alaska? COOL!! Alaska's supposed to be beautiful, if cold. It's some of the last actually wild land left in North America [Smile] Enjoy it man... and bring lots and lots and lots of warm clothing [Wink]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool beans, Boris, and congrats! [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Boris, and good luck in your new adventure!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alcon:
Congrats! Did I read that right? Alaska? COOL!! Alaska's supposed to be beautiful, if cold. It's some of the last actually wild land left in North America [Smile] Enjoy it man... and bring lots and lots and lots of warm clothing [Wink]

I was able to go up there so they could watch me work. It is GORGEOUS! And oddly enough, the average temperatures in Rexburg, Idaho (Where I am now) are MUCH lower than in Juneau in winter. So it's not going to be a major killer. It does rain a lot there, though.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats and good luck on the move/new job!
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.