FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Oath on Qur'an (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Oath on Qur'an
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Wikipedia has a section specifically on Jews and the Crusades. Many of those committing the atrocities against European Jews were doing so against the word of the local bishops, the only specific cases come to mind in Germany.

I was only "focusing" on Jews because I don't think Muslims had anything to complain about. And the Christians shot themselves in the foot so many times, I can't believe they actually came out alive, let alone on top. And of the world's three major religions involved in the conflict...well, those are it.

And I never said the majority (well I did, then I corrected myself). I just said "a lot." I don't have specific numbers off the top of my head, but it happened. Besides, lots of Crusades were smaller, and less well recognized, like the Albigensian Crusade, or the reconquista, but that doesn't make them less important. Everyone knows of the Children's Crusade, even though it had zero effect on the Crusading effort, except as a boon to the slave trade.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.