FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Official I Can't Wait For the Semester To Be Over Thread (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Official I Can't Wait For the Semester To Be Over Thread
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
One more final that's worth 40% of my grade. It's for my statistics class, I have about 88% right now and I really, really want to get an A in the class. It's at 8 am tomorrow morning so I have ten more hours to study.

<---Goes back to work.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
One final left, tomorrow morning at 9. I've got a mild headache so I'm probably going to take something before I go to sleep. And then I'm done and going home!
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
I only have a paper left: Advanced Logic. Due on Friday, but I really, really, really want to get it done before I fly home tomorrow morning. I think I'm physically incapable of doing work right now, though...

And I still need to PACK!

Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friday
Member # 8998

- posted      Profile for Friday   Email Friday         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got three Finals left: Data Analysis, and Engineering Materials tomorrow, and Statics on Friday. It's gonna be a fun!
Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

I'm DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!!!!!!!!! Now off to home for a glorious three weeks of doing nothing!
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I only get two and a half weeks of doing nothing....but it's still two and a half weeks of doing nothing!

....maybe I should work today and tomorrow, though.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

I actually get five weeks, but I'm doing something in three weeks.
pH
Member # 1350

I would have three and a half weeks were it not for my international business class, which is sending me to South America.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

Done.

*collapses*

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone needs to kick me in the behind and get me to finish this stupid paper. I still only have six pages done. I've worked on it this morning but I've just made changes to what was already there, not added new material.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Update:

The Lucretius paper managed to finish itself, and the ensuing final... wasn't bad! I didn't fail it, and I definitely have a solid B in the class (which is perfectly fine by me. [Smile] )

Last night, I actually studied for the final I have today, which kicks major frakking butt, and it'll be a cake test as well.

I'm almost done, and it's all gone (relatively) well!

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh, still not done. Classes are over, but now I have a week to wade through piles and piles of work before finals. This is going to be fuuunnn.

Incidentally, I miss paper writing. I have one paper this semester for the peer mentoring seminar, it's so easy and relaxing compared to all my other work. I just have to write, piece of cake. Sure the ideas need to make sense and come together and such, but doing that's not so hard.

It's so much easier than trying to analyze or write computer algorithms. And a Sunday picnic compared to trying to solve Schrödinger equations.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Page nine. Yes, nine.

Actually, I have about 9.25 pages done, so I'm getting closer. I even think I'm on my last point now, and will soon be able to move onto the conclusion.

I think, counting all the time spent reading source material and researching, I've spent more than 12 hours on this paper. I suppose it's worth it, considering the paper's worth more than 25% of my grade in this course, but when I hear classmates talk about how they just sit down and bang out a 10 page paper in 2 or 3 hours I wonder if I'm no good at this or they're just that much better.

Of course, my grades on my papers are generally higher than theirs, but not that much higher. One person in particular claims she wrote a paper in 1.5 hours that took me more than five - I made an A, she a B. I worked more than 3 times longer and only received one additional letter grade. Frustrating.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Too many people in this thread are done! [Grumble] Four days of this torture left for me.
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle, there's a pretty substantive difference between a B paper and an A paper. It makes sense that it would take significantly longer.

In any case, every person works at their own speed, neh?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

Just got my grade back on the final I took this morning.

80% That's a solid B for me in my second class this semester. Still haven't gotten the other three back. Looks like my GPA is taking a nosedive.

(I know this sounds stupid, but before this semester I had a 3.95- that is, one B on my transcript. Suddenly, that number has tripled. I don't have that many things going for me, I hoped my GPA would pull me through.)

pH
Member # 1350

I just found out that I get to take three of my four classes next semester as independent study.

You have no idea how much I love independent study. I get ridiculously bored in class because everything moves SO SLOWLY that I don't have the attention span for it.

So chances are, classes that would be three hours a week will take me one hour. [Big Grin]

-pH

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry blacwolve. I'm the same - I have one B. In Intermediate Alegebra no less. I ended up acing College Algebra and becoming a math tutor. I was seriously pissed at that B. What's your major?

In other news, I finished today. I think I'll get all A's, but its possible I could end up with 3 B's. That would make me sad, but oddly I would be OK with it because I actually learned quite a bit from the classes I struggled a bit in. In those classes, for the first time learning was a higher priority to sucking up and getting a good grade. It was ... odd.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

I'm finished. I still have to take a final in this class tomorrow, but that is no big deal, this paper is worth much more than the final.

I must admit, I'm actually kinda proud of it. Not too bad, considering that getting the darn thing done was like pulling teeth for me.

blacwolve
Member # 2972

My major is political science. The B's are in two Spanish classes and a undergrad/grad Statistical Quality Control course. I'd sort of like to do something combining statistics and liberal arts in the future (market research, maybe?) so the Statistics particularly bothers me.
libertygirl
Member # 8761

- posted      Profile for libertygirl   Email libertygirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm DONE!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!! I know I got two A's and one B and the other class is either an A or B. Hurray!! Unlike stangelove I'm extremely happy with my intermediate alegebra B [Big Grin]
Posts: 143 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.