FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Nutrition and Health: Explaining the works of Dr. Price (Page 16)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Nutrition and Health: Explaining the works of Dr. Price
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! Spoiler warnings!
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
It's funny that you think Chris is me, kat. I don't have time to analyze it, but I don't cheat like that very often. c.t.t.n. went all kinds of places I never expected it to go, but I believed fervently I'd get caught if I tried the alts trick in a Dr. Price discussion.
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
If just Steven and Chris told me about the exciting works of Dr. Price, I don't think I would be convinced, but if one or two more people also pointed to the same book, at the same time - Perhaps a Douglass or Michael - I think I could see myself starting to believe every word of it.

They wouldn't even have to swab the deck!

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Guys, he invited a guy named Chris (among others), pointed us to the place where he extended the invitation, and now a guy named Chris shows up so it must be steven himself? C'mon.

I did go (yesterday) to the native-nutrition place, join, and post a reply to steven's original post, and tried in a very non-confrontational and even-handed way explain that steven's depiction of the reception people might get is probably less than accurate. That post hasn't been cleared by TPTB over there yet, apparently (darn moderators*** -- not worth a thing anywhere you go *smile*).

Welcome to Hatrack, Chris.

--Pop

***Edit for clarity -- the moderator comment was making fun of myself, because I'm the moderator here. I hadn't noted at the time I made the comment that Chris is apparently the moderator over there. That kinda makes it even funnier to me, but that's just my sense of humor, and Chris doesn't know me and so may not see it the way I intended it. Anyway, Chris, it was not a comment on you in any way.

[ June 02, 2007, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Papa Moose ]

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
To be honest, I actually assumed that "Chris" was an uncharitable, non-Steven Hatracker trying to make fun of him.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

I think you're probably right, Tom. I just emailed Chris from his Yahoo email to find out. I'm betting that the fact that the email is not available at all on this Hatrack profile is one of the two reasons you made that assumption, right? The other being the tone.
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
steven....notice I didn't say you were alts.....but I thought it might be so, because you have done the alt thing before.

It is hardly even a reach to think so, really, although I am not convinced one way or another.

And people HAVE tried to pull that crap before, with BC being one of the most obvious.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
To be honest, I actually assumed that "Chris" was an uncharitable, non-Steven Hatracker trying to make fun of him.

Yeah, the reply was so off the wall that it sounded like sarcasm.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

I have heard back from teh real Chris. He...had never heard of Hatrack.

Yeah.

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
shocking....
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:

Yeah, and pretty obviously so. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Poor steven... I don't think there is anybody left to convince buddy.
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisMasterjohn
Member # 10521

- posted      Profile for ChrisMasterjohn   Email ChrisMasterjohn         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

This is the real Chris Masterjohn and I did not write the post in this thread. I do not have time to participate in this forum but I just wanted to make that clear.

Thanks,
Chris

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Is anybody else envisioning dozens of these posts, each claiming to be the real "Chr1s Masterjohn", "Christ Master John", "Christmas Johnter", and so on?
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
It's like that scene in Spartacus redone for an internet forum.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

Well, I didn't email teh real Chris to find out if it's him or not. I assume it is, although I don't know.
Baron Samedi
Member # 9175

- posted      Profile for Baron Samedi           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Chris Masterjohn
Yes I'm the real Masterjohn
All you other Chris Masterjohns
Are just imitating
So won't the real Chris Masterjohn please stand up
Please stand up
Please stand up

Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
*groan*
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. He's made another post, I see. I suspect the Hatrack Vortex is slowly dragging him down...

BWAH-HAH-HAH! You cannot escape now, noobling!

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by King of Men:
Hmm. He's made another post, I see. I suspect the Hatrack Vortex is slowly dragging him down...

BWAH-HAH-HAH! You cannot escape now, noobling!

As long as he doesn't start backing the creationist museum. [Razz]
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

"Hmm. He's made another post, I see. I suspect the Hatrack Vortex is slowly dragging him down...

BWAH-HAH-HAH! You cannot escape now, noobling!"

I think he can escape, and I think he will escape. Chris seems to keep busy with his temp-to-permanent mod duties over at Native Nutrition.

I don't know, I think more and more that people push the dietary recommendations that have worked for them. Chris pushes liver. I push fish eggs, and mostly-raw. There's a girl on Native Nutrition who pushed her anti-amine agenda until I truly began to hate her. But, in all fairness, it works for her, at least so far. And so it goes.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There's a girl on Native Nutrition who pushed her anti-amine agenda until I truly began to hate her.
*relates*
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.