FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I want to buy a hoodie robe. Please help the Tante!

Author Topic: I want to buy a hoodie robe. Please help the Tante!
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
My son (almost 16 years old) loves his hoodie sweatshirt. Since he got it, it rarely leaves his back, and he even puts it on when he gets out of the shower.

Has anyone ever seen a bathrobe that is like a hoodie sweatshirt, but long like a robe? Where would I get one?

He would love it!

So many thanks for your help.

[Group Hug]

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like the robes I see boxers wearing before and after a fight.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas

(the link is your gift. [Wink] )

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, yeah, boxer robes have hoods and so does the one in your link, Karl, but they lack the sweatshirtiness that my son loves so much. The big zipper going all the way down, the sweatshirt fleece, those two weird pockets on the belly.

You know like this, except going all the way down to the ankle.

Have they even been invented yet?

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

Well, see, I wouldn't call that a "robe".

I don't think they have been invented yet.

But since my link was a gift, I'm OK with you exchanging it for a link you like better. I don't think you even need a receipt.

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Tante, I've only seen them for toddler-sized kids. Thomas has a dinosaur hooded robe/slippers combo.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Seems so. Definitely.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
Seems so. Definitely.

We've moved on from these. She's looking for something with a zipper and hoodie-like pockets, but presumably at least calf-length.
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
I was a Jedi for Halloween, and made my own costume (one of these days I'll don it again just for pictures). I used brown fleece, and followed a tunic-style choir robe pattern (I can't find my link, and don't have time right now to Google. Look for T-Tunic patterns, and then just make it loooong), using the information here to make the hood. I loooove the robe, and wear it a lot around the house. Wouldn't be hard to alter it for a zipper.
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a robe option for men that also has a zipper. Maybe they think a zipper isn't... um.. practical.. for men. You know. (not gonna clarify).

linky to monk robes

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a good one
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm wearing my hoodie robe from Victoria's Secret right now...

But...probably not his thing. [Razz]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I have one exactly like you're describing -- funny pockets in front, zipper all the way down, floor length. The lining is sweatshirt fleece, but the outer part is a less stretchy fabric.

I got it at Land's End.

It's lavender, though, I don't know if they have them in less "girly" colors.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm thinking there have been robes like you want invented Tante, but not quite. The ones I've seen were either Juicy Coture or Pink from VS. They were zip up, either sweatshirt material or velour the year that was big, and usually had bright colors on them.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

quote:
Originally posted by breyerchic04:
Yeah, I'm thinking there have been robes like you want invented Tante, but not quite. The ones I've seen were either Juicy Coture or Pink from VS. They were zip up, either sweatshirt material or velour the year that was big, and usually had bright colors on them.

Mine ties and is navy and grey. And it says "Hello, Sleepyhead" on the back.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
The Land's End ones come in grey, navy, and another shade of blue. But I'd ask a rav about beged isha.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
That's not the one I have. I can't find mine on the website.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Yeah, I think they discontinued the one you're talking about. I remember it. But this is somewhat similar.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

quote:
But I'd ask a rav about beged isha.
If I had to guess (and since I'm ignorant, I guess I do) I'd guess that's something to do with a prohibition on cross-dressing. (Am I close?)
rivka
Member # 4859

Correct.
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I have one with the zipper and pocket, but with no hood (at least, not that I remember, but I'm doubting now, as I haven't taken it out in a while). It was a gift, and I'm not remembering at all right now where it came from. It is also bright, bright, bright yellow.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
pH, I still think there might have been a PINK one that was zip up, though I'm not searching through catalogs to find it, since I'm sure he wouldn't wear it.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

I seem to recall a Lands End one a while back, but can't find it on the website.

If I had any sewing skills, I'd definitely make one. Alas.
quote:
Originally posted by Primal Curve:
Here's a good one

PC, that "Italian Stallion" robe is so NOT my son's style, it's funny.

Thanks for all the help guys. You are awesome!

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
My aunt was just asking if I want one of those or a flannel robe. Alas, I think they are only made for women.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Yeah, my google searches yield women's robes, which I'm sure my son would balk at, and, oddly, dog sweatshirt robes.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
it might appear again on Land's End after Christmas. Stuff is disappearing all the time because it's selling out and stuff. Alas that is the fate of this gorgeous wool coat I wanted. [Frown]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

quote:
Originally posted by breyerchic04:
pH, I still think there might have been a PINK one that was zip up, though I'm not searching through catalogs to find it, since I'm sure he wouldn't wear it.

I think it was called something different, like "tunic hoodie" or something.

-pH

cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
I bought one at Sears two years ago. I was looking for good sheets for cheap, saw it and needed it.

Maybe they still have them or something like it? It was 'mens' but I got it anyway. It was 'stolen' by a housemate (but I knew she stole it and it was an okay thing... ; ) ).

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If I had any sewing skills, I'd definitely make one. Alas.

Or, you know, you could get one of us to make it.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.