FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack 10000

Author Topic: Hatrack 10000
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Who will be Hatrack's 10,000 registered user? I heard rumor there was a contest some time ago to become the N-th user (I think it was 2000? maybe)? Has anyone been registering alts to try and be number 10000? Or am I the only one who notices these things?
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heffaji
Member # 3669

- posted      Profile for Heffaji   Email Heffaji         Edit/Delete Post 
Shhhhhhh. It's a secret.
Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it was 5000 that was the contest. But then, if you look at my user number you'll know it was before my time. I do need to register an alt today, we'll see what that gets me.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
There was a race for 6666, too [Razz]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
User 5000: Obi Jon Boy Kenobi
User 6666: Mean Old Frisco

And evidentally I'm not the only one who noticed that User 10000 was coming up soon. Although the estimate there was mid-November.

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
My prediction: User 10000 will be "nDrR0x". He will be 13, and will post twice. One of these posts will be a thread starter suggesting that the Ender's Game movie be anime.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon, that's possible except that it'll be nDrsGurl and she will be 12.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
You may very well be right.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Does PM keep stats on which registered users post semi-regularly? I wonder how many active posters there are on Hatrack at any given time, compared with how many come, post twice and leave.

If I had to scope the community, I would guess there are about 300 active posters with about that many again occasional posters. But that's a complete wag. I'd be interested in seeing some sort of numerical analysis. Heck, I'd be interested in doing some sort of numerical analysis.

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I know he culled all my alts that had never posted at one point. Member 9945 is the highest member number, of 4 that registered so far today. No one is really running for it yet.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
"Yet" being the operative word... [Wink]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
My prediction: User 10000 will be "nDrR0x". He will be 13, and will post twice. One of these posts will be a thread starter suggesting that the Ender's Game movie be anime.

[ROFL]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
How do you look up what # registrant a poster is? Obviously you can look at your own is there a way to view others?
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.hatrack.com/cgi-bin/ubbmain/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile;u=00006666

Replace the number in the link with a different one.

(If you wanted to know someone's number from their name, you'd likely need to find a post by them)

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
Uh, look under their name over on the left. (Where it says Member #8376 in your case.)
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Update: 50 member numbers to go. john OF THE FUTURE is officially Hatrack member 9949.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.