FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » BBC's School Day 24

Author Topic: BBC's School Day 24
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone else been reading this? I thought it was interesting.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks interesting. I'll have to read more in-depth into it -- to see how they got around the time-zone issues and language barriers..

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, thanks JTK. I really think that's a good idea [Smile] , and it's very interesting. I wish adults had the same enforced opportunity.

EDIT: I think that the Israeli-Palestine link-up is particularly interesting, especially when compared to the link up between other historically divided groups.

EDIT #2: In the Iraq-UK link up I think that the fact that they chose to leave out non-Arab British people in the discussion leaves a gap. At one point they're talking about how non-Arab British people (as representative of the western world) do not respect their parents.

I feel like what is missing is that upon reaching eighteen (or twenty or whatever) in the western world it's not just young people casting off their parents but also parents casting of their children and saying, "You're an adult now, make your own way." It is individuality and responsibility that goes both ways, and that comment is missing from the discussion as presented there.

Sadly, there's no way to add your own thoughts [Frown] .

[ December 08, 2006, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
EDIT: I think that the Israeli-Palestine link-up is particularly interesting, especially when compared to the link up between other historically divided groups.
*nod* I noticed that too.

I wish they put a bit more on the website. It seems like these are excerpts from a much larger dialog.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for sharing that. Of course, I am crying now, but it was very interesting.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.