FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm sick again.

Author Topic: I'm sick again.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Basically what had been an on/off sneezing/coughing thing for 3 years now has becoe a whole lot serious, now i have these deep coughs that come from my broncia and hurt every time I cough.

Sleeping is torture because I cough so often that it takes hours to sleep.

I hate being sick.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have asthma?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have chicken soup?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:

That's what off-the-shelf industrial-grade medications are for! NyQuil (in proper amounts, of course) has made me forget what day it was when I've been *really* ill.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
If this is truly chronic, I don't think that picking up a nyquil habit in addition is really the best idea.
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
True... I didn't read that it was 3 years...
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:

That's what off-the-shelf industrial-grade medications are for! NyQuil (in proper amounts, of course) has made me forget what day it was when I've been *really* ill.
The new Nyquil formulation is teh suck.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
i had ashma when I was a kid although i dont actually know what hapened i think it was only a minor case.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
and what does your doctor think it is?
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
Do you have chicken soup?

If sinuses are a problem, Vegetable Beef with Tabasco sauce will clear that up. [Wink]
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Generally you don't get a case of asthma... It's more of a chronic condition (one that can wax wane in severity, of course). That's my understanding, anyway.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
True, although many kids do outgrow it, at least for the most part.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband was diagnosed with it, went through puberty, and never had it again.

However, I have heard of people having only minor asthma as a child, and then having really bad episodes later in life. So it goes both ways.

If you've been coughing and stuff for three years to the extent that you can't sleep at night, and have a history of asthma, it's time to see your doctor for an evaluation in case you need a controller medicine.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah... but a bad case of pnemonia can leave you in serious straits for years...
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

That's true. Of course, a bad case of pneumonia can also trigger your asthma.

Which is why he should get to a doctor, to see if it's chronic bronchitis or pneumonia or asthma or allergies or what. When it's been happening pretty constantly for three years, it's time for it to get treated.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
Of course, a bad case of pneumonia can also trigger your asthma.

And asthmatics are more susceptible to pneumonia to begin with.

Long story short: doctor. See one. Soonest!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Drink water. Relax. See doctor. Do what doctor say. Get better soon. Pwn sickness. You can do it.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.