FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Consummatum Est (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Consummatum Est
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Destineer:
Now we just need a hardcore, NAMBLA-style issue for David to sound off on.

"And here to argue their point, the Association of People Against David Bowles, or NAMBLA."

</jonstewart>

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Destineer:
Too bad people couldn't take the high ground with him a bit more than they did.

There is every reason to believe this would have had absolutely no effect whatsoever.
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Never mind. Not getting involved any more.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL @ Tarrsk

Destineer, yeah, I been fishin', brothuh, I been fishin'. Tain't nothin' caught my eye just yet... heh.

Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
Pel, if you're still reading this, I owe you an apology. I made that Nemesis post, and am sorry I did. I would hate to think that I triggered your leave-taking.

I actually agree with a lot of what you say, and your rhetorical ability is not in question. Your writing is also fine, just grandiose and dramatic.

If you decide to return, I'd be happy to talk and discuss the subjects of interest to you.

If you choose not to return, good luck with your studies.

Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Morbo:
I lurk at ornery on occasion, so I bring you Pelegius's farewell post from that forum.
quote:
[partial quote, last paragraph only]
It is with a great sense of failure that I write these words, being unable to hold an unpopular position is a sign of weakness, is it not? But I am weak and weary beyond my sixteen years, knowing that my giants, who were not windmills, still stand because I could amass no force against them. And all my speeches were but whispers to the wind. I have not the strength to speak of semantics, feeling much as Tennyson's Ulysses although I cannot say that I leave any Telemachus behind with my scepter and my isle, nor that my strength at any time was great enough to move Earth and Heaven.

http://www.ornery.org/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=008486#000000

Apparently, solipsistic bombast just won't fly there either.

Dude. I want to ACT that post.

I need robes.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
samp: I can usually contain my laughter at work. Not this time though =)
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Something in the Christmas season reminded me of Pelegius and I read through the first page here again.

Now I don't mean to poke fun, but to be honest I miss Pelegius a little bit. Maybe alot. I think I may have thrown down my gauntlet and announced with great heat that Pelegius was the worst poster EVER. But actually I regret that- now I would really really like to meet him and have a conversation.

Bring back Pelegius! I can't believe I'm saying this.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Has it really been a year? I'm getting old.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
Bring back Pelegius! I can't believe I'm saying this.

Neither can I. Hush, you.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
I always liked him. Seemed a pretty cool guy to me.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskullvw
Member # 1549

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw         Edit/Delete Post 
FWIIW, a similar thread by Pelegius after a year on Ornery.
Posts: 110 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskullvw
Member # 1549

- posted      Profile for Redskullvw   Email Redskullvw         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, I guess it would help if I posted the link.
Posts: 110 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
Pel was interesting. FAR better than the spam-bot attacks we've been getting.

I honestly really liked him. He annoyed me- but so what? I one time stabbed one of my best friends with my keys because he was annoying me, and we're still tight.

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Has it really been a year? I'm getting old.
Holy crumpets, I know. I was looking at the dates on this thread and thinking wow, no way has it been a year, but it's been more than a year. I can't imagine where the time has gone.

Pelegius was only sixteen (she says, with all the weight of almost-22 years [Wink] ). Maybe he'll come back in a couple of years.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been a participating member of the Hatrack community for eight years, and took many breaks throughout. I think don't I posted anything for about two years before my most recent bout of activity. I never thought I'd come back and do more than read the news items, but alas. Here I am.

[ December 31, 2007, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: porcelain girl ]

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

A year is a lot. Pelegius could have changed tons in that time-span. I know that in the last year alone I've done a great deal (but, thinking about it, don't know how much I've changed as person).
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onanism Thread
Member # 8525

- posted      Profile for Onanism Thread           Edit/Delete Post 
I miss Pelegius so much! He always made me feel so welcome and appreciated. Every thread he ever started seemed like just like me.
Without Pel, I'm so lonely.

Posts: 37 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like there are far more fans of Pel speaking up now then when he threatened to leave. But hey that's just a gut feeling.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
Seems like there are far more fans of Pel speaking up now then when he threatened to leave. But hey that's just a gut feeling.

What are you trying to imply with this?
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

That the whole conspiracy to get Pel was just that. A conspiracy. One or two hatrackers conspired together to bandwagon and get him - dead. (Virtually speaking). The truth is out there, and is now threatening to come to the surface.

Pel was never disliked or annoying. He was a victim. And the hatrackers that got him out...can get you. And they'll do anything to keep this from becoming public knowledge.

[ December 31, 2007, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Phanto ]

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
*laugh*
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Phanto, started New Year's celebration a tad early, did we?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Levels a calm, cool, piercing gaze at phanto.

"alright this is all I can do for you"

:flips coin:

"Call it"

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Flaming Toad on a Stick:
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:

What are you trying to imply with this?
I don't think I implied anything, everything is pretty much on the surface.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

rivka: I had a short celebratory event but am going to be working from now on... darn work!
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.