FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » ... in a minute

Author Topic: ... in a minute
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
First there was Book in a Minute...

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
quote:
(The Earth gets BLOWN UP.)

Arthur

I'm a bit upset about that.

Ford

Yes, I can understand that.

(They fly around the galaxy. They go UNDERGROUND, where they see...)

Arthur

The Earth.

Deep Thought

Forty two.

Then there was Movie in a Minute...

The Sixth Sense
quote:
Haley Joel Osment

I see dead people.

Bruce Willis

Try talking to them.

Haley Joel Osment

It worked.

The Postman
quote:
Kevin Costner

Though I am a simple victim of circumstance, a pretender, I am also a metaphor for the rebirth of the collective American unconscious, quickened again from its own ashes.

Townsfolk

That's nice. Deliver these letters, please.

[Big Grin]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Satlin
Member # 1593

- posted      Profile for Satlin   Email Satlin         Edit/Delete Post 
And people say writing is hard.
Posts: 86 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
That site is pretty funny. I really liked

Rocky
quote:
Rocky LOSES a fight, and an injury prevents him from ever fighting again. Then Rocky WINS a fight, and an injury prevents him from ever fighting again. Then Rocky LOSES a fight. Then Rocky WINS a fight. Then Rocky WINS a fight, and an injury prevents him from ever fighting again. Then Rocky beats up some kids on the street.)
and You've Got Mail
quote:

(Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan fall in LOVE, and it is HEARTWARMING.)

America Online

Please note how our program was used in this movie.

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite has always been The Hobbit.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
And then there is the "On 1 foot" feature on Bangitout.com. For example, The Book of Jonah:
quote:
Jonah Runs away

Whale: Gulp

3 days later

Whale: Burp

THE END

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, my gosh, I thought some of these were pretty funny but I read Nancy Drew and I DIED LAUGHING. And then came back to laugh some more.

*collects Nancy Drew books, and still re-reads them for kicks now and then*

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
The Collected Work of Jane Austen
By Jane Austen
Ultra-Condensed by Christina Carlson and Peter da Silva

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Female Lead
I secretly love Male Lead. He must never know.
Male Lead
I secretly love Female Lead. She must never know.
(They find out.)

THE END

[ROFL]

Even funnier!
The Collected Work of E. E. Cummings
Ultra-Condensed by Samuel Stoddard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i j(ust !
b0.u )
g a ne w &
ht..

t
YpE
w

r
iTe
r

: buti(twon)tma

r-p-o-p-h-e-s-s-a-g-r

ke cap
i,tal;
lett Ers -

THE END

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I looked at the book-a-minute SF/F ones and read through the OSC books on there. What's the deal with Hart's Hope on there?

quote:

Hart's Hope
By Orson Scott Card
Ultra-Condensed by David J. Parker

See The Lady Or the Tiger.

The End

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] Thanks, kq! I haven't read Nancy Drew since before I was a teenager, but that just brought back all the plot lines... [Big Grin]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
They left out the part where Nancy gets knocked unconscious. She has had quite a lot of head injury in the series.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Shel Silverstein, The Giving Tree:

quote:

Reader

I can't believe you cut that tree down, you jerk.

THE END

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
That Cummings one is precious. Thanks Synesthesia!
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.