FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Imagine if it happened to you (embarassing/funny) :-)

Author Topic: Imagine if it happened to you (embarassing/funny) :-)
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Read here.

Hey, I feel bad for the guy, but I sure laughed a lot. Am I a bad person? [Dont Know]
Please, folks. If you think you won the lottery, check before leaving your job! [Wink]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, my. *tries hard not to laugh at this dude's misfortune*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snail
Member # 9958

- posted      Profile for Snail   Email Snail         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If you think you won the lottery, check before leaving your job!
Amen.

This reminds me of a true story here in Finland. There was this very unpopular teacher whom all the other teachers and her students hated.

Now, the retirement age for teachers in Finland is 65, but apparently it used to be less, so there was some bureaucratic arrangement that teachers of certain age could retire at 60 if they'd just fill the proper forms.

Anyway, the unpopular teacher was closing in on the retirement age limit. They had a farewell party for her at the school and everything with everyone weeping crocodile tears. Apparently she'd been even more of an arse for her last months thinking she was just burning the bridges behind her.

So after the retirement party she got a letter from the government telling her that she hadn't actually sent in the form that gave her the right to retire at 60. And the final date had expired, so she couldn't send it anymore. So in fact she still had five more years to work before she'd get any pension...

Posts: 247 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this way the best part:
quote:

I went from thinking I had a million quid to having to beg for my job back. I also had to ring the girlfriend and tell her I was a plonker.

You sure were a plonker.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Pure dude... I'd hate if that happened to me, especially since I really want large amounts of money.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason the story reminds me of the movie Fargo.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Eduardo_Sauron:
Read here.

Hey, I feel bad for the guy, but I sure laughed a lot. Am I a bad person? [Dont Know]
Please, folks. If you think you won the lottery, check before leaving your job! [Wink]

He was a jerk. If I won the lottery, I'd finish up the project I was working on at work, or if it wasn't close to the end, I'd at least spend the time to get my replacement up to speed. I got fired once, and stayed for a month to train my replacement.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.