FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Computer problem

Author Topic: Computer problem
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
I was trying to play Fifa 07 online when it told me that my version is outdated and I needed to go to the following website to download the patches to correct it. I followed the instructions, which led me to this page and I wasn't sure which one I needed so I downloaded both of them. Now I was worried that I was using up too much of my memory on my computer so I went to the Add/Remove programs thing on windows and removed a couple of programs which said I rarely used them and didn't look like anything I'd ever use. I also went to Run and typed in %temp% and deleted the files there (a trick my friend taught me) to clear up my computer a little bit. The online thing still doesn't work and gives me the same message.

And now a huge problem. My computer doesn't have volume. On anything. iTunes, games, anything that makes noise is silent. I'm not sure if the patches messed this up or maybe I deleted something I shouldn't of? The two things I deleted were programs that said I rarely used them so I don't think it's that? Can anyone help me get my volume back? Pretty please?

Edit: and the weird thing about iTunes is that songs don't even start. I click on them and it still acts like the song is paused and nothing happens when I push the play button. The song just doesn't start. And I don't think the volume would work even if it did... [Grumble]

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Try system restore.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.