FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A message from Bob

Author Topic: A message from Bob
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
No, not that Bob. This Bob.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Scary flower, especially it's eyes.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Rivka, you clearly have an apostrophe fetish.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Yes.

I'm not sure if that means I should add a line to my online profiles to the affect of "Incorrect user's of apostrophe's need not apply."

Of course, with the usual Divine sense of humor, my bashert probably is an habitual apostrophe offender. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beautifulgirl57
Member # 9877

- posted      Profile for beautifulgirl57   Email beautifulgirl57         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, that's kinda scary. But I agree... it gets on my nerves sometimes how often people do that.
Posts: 46 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
heheheheheh
It's

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I see your message from Bob and raise you a message from one Bob to another Bob.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*unimpressed*

Seen it. *yawns*

B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
I see cat's. [Big Grin] Is that the correct way to do it? [Confused]
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I love 'em both. [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by B34N:
I see cat's. [Big Grin] Is that the correct way to do it? [Confused]

I dunno.

Feel lucky, punk? [Mad]

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I've posted that comic 3 or 4 times on this site over the years. It's nice to know that's someone is upholding my ways in my absence.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa... I just saw this comic for the first time on another site. What a weird coincidence that it would suddenly turn up here.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
But why doesn't it mention the kittens?
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
I'm not sure if that means I should add a line to my online profiles to the affect of "Incorrect user's of apostrophe's need not apply."

Mew...meow... ::dies::
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Poor kitty. [Frown]
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
Yes.

A line to the effect?

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
But see SOMEBODY had to decide, "Apostrophes are ok here, here, and here, BUT NOT HERE!" Why can't we just change their rules to be more accommodating?

som'etimes the o'ccasional apostrophe just makes thi'ngs look kinda' nice.

My apologies for all the kitten who had to die in order for me to make this point. [Frown]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I see cat's. Is that the correct way to do it?
That depends. What of the cats do you see? If you see his razor sharp claws slicing at your throat, but you were unable to finish the sentence because at that moment it ripped your fingers from your hand, then yes. It is correct.

except it should be "I see cat's..."

Or perhaps you should repalce "cat's" with "rivka's"

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
BlackBlade, if you like apostrophes that much, you could change your name to Teal'c.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
BlackBlade, if you like apostrophes that much, you could change your name to Teal'c.

How about Black'sBlade?
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Teal'c is cooler.
rivka
Member # 4859

Indeed.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[Big Grin] *high-fives rivka*

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.