FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I hurt myself... again.

Author Topic: I hurt myself... again.
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
During volleyball practice a week or two ago, we were working on setting. The ball was bumped to me, and I set it like I normally do. My pointer finger suddenly started throbbing, and my coach told me to go sit out. I ran it under cold water, and it didn't bother me too much, I figured I bent it back to far, or something like that. A few days ago, I writing to a friend of mine when it started aching again. I can still bend it, but if I bend it and push on it, it hurts again. I'm not exactly sure what I did to it. Any thoughts?
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
You sure you didn't hurt yourself to see if you still feel?

/NIN
/Johnny Cash

[Wink]

I hurt a finger much the same way in martial arts practice, I just kept tension off of it and made sure I stretched it out until it hurt. I didn't want to lose flexibility by letting it atrophy.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
You may have jammed it. Someone threw a ball at me in 8th grade, and I put my hand up to protect my face. It hit my left ring finger, and it's still not entirely okay, some 26 years later. I only really notice it when I crack the knuckle on that hand.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeesh, send me your address, and I'll mail you a big big roll of bubble wrap with which to envelop yourself.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Hope no one sees me/ get freaky.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.