FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » avi to something that can play on DVD...either dvd or svcd or somthing like that

Author Topic: avi to something that can play on DVD...either dvd or svcd or somthing like that
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I have some avi files and I want to burn them so I can show them on my dvd player. Are there any good free tools that will do that for me?

If not, are there any recommended commercial products?

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
Final Cut Pro will do it and so will premeire I think you can get a demo of premeire from the adobe website and just output it to a format that will burn correctly to DVD.

A program like DVD studio pro will do it for you but I think the files have to be in MOV format. You can also try Adobe's DVD product which I think is called Encore??? Could be wrong.

Do a Google search and I bet 9,000 free tools will show up.

Cheers and good luck with your videos! [Big Grin]

** Deleted other post cause it got put into the wrong thread some how??? [ROFL] **

Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
If you want them to work on a standard DVD player, you'll need an encoder capable of converting AVI to MPEG2 (and building VOB files). While I use a combination of Roxio products with Pinnacle products for my movie editing, you can find cheap tools to do this sort of straight encoding for under $30 online; just Google "AVI to DVD."
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
TMPEnc (sp) is a free AVI to MPEG2 compression program that you can download. It does require some knowledge of compression/conversion though.

I'd recommend Sony DVD Architect, Nero, or some other budget video station software.

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.