FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Somebody to love (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Somebody to love
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Faking confidence can be really, really effective. When it comes to dating, if you fake confidence you'll either completely lose it when you actually get together and become a weird barnacle crybaby (not good), or you'll actually become a more confident person. Also, I know others have said this, but poetry before dating (and after dating, for a certain period of time) sends off the desperate stalky vibe.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Shanna:
My ultimate love philosophy:

How can you expect someone else to love you when you don't love yourself?

You've been listening to the lyrics for "RENT", haven't you? [Wink]
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
Faking confidence... that doesn't sound too appealing to me. But then I have no notion of how to fake something like that.
Even though in most cases that involve direct human contact I am a very self-conscious and nervous person, it has been said to me that on some level I'm actually a very confident person.
This is the part of me that I have been hiding for all these years, thinking it made me BAD.
So now I've got to make it possible for that part of my character to surface from the shadowy depths and grow in the nurturing daylight. (I do sound like a silly twat sometimes [Big Grin] )

As I work on this, I think it best that I forget about dating for the time being... so it's likely there won't be any more posts in this thread for a while.

Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck! I hope you start feeling better about yourself soon. It sounds like once you can get that in order, the rest will start to fall in place.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.