FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » fun links

Author Topic: fun links
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I came across this link and was amused. [Smile] I'm tempted to do it, except I'm at home nearly 24/7 with a very limited audience, so it has limited amusement value. I think, though, that if I worked in, say, a cube farm, I'd definitely do this. [Big Grin]

Alien autopsy, anyone? [Big Grin]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow . . . that's . . . wow. . . .
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] That's just awesome.
Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
So, seriously, if any of you do this, will you please, please, pretty please with a cherry on top take photos and post what people say? Please? [Big Grin]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
That does look like fun to try.

*Starts thinking* It may be a while yet though, if I do.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like a pair of them. Thing One and Thing Two.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Youth ap Orem
Member # 5582

- posted      Profile for Youth ap Orem   Email Youth ap Orem         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to drink the coke from the jars. MMmmmMM good.
Posts: 290 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Ew! You'd drink the coke that dead alien babies have been stored in? Ew!!!!!

[Wink]

Youth ap Orem
Member # 5582

- posted      Profile for Youth ap Orem   Email Youth ap Orem         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was the intestines of baby dragon... [Dont Know]
Posts: 290 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

And you want to drink coke that dead baby dragon intestines have been stored in? You're nuts!

Well, yeah, okay, I can see how that'd be fine... [Razz]

katdog42
Member # 4773

- posted      Profile for katdog42   Email katdog42         Edit/Delete Post 
If I had Sculpy, paint and my own jar I would totally do it. Around here, we leave all of our things on windowsills while we work and stuff. I'd love to put this thing on the windowsill and hear the comments as people walk past.
Posts: 340 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

quote:
Originally posted by katdog42:
I'd love to put this thing on the windowsill and hear the comments as people walk past.

So would I! You should do it - the idea of an alien-fetus-in-a-jar on a convent windowsill is way more hilarious than one in an office cube. I'm tempted to get the materials and send them to you, if I can figure out where to find that stuff. [Big Grin]
Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
WalMart should have the jar. Paint and rubber cement too. Michael's might have the Sculpy. They should also have acrylic paint.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

Yeah, the Sculpy's the part I'm clueless on - I've never even heard of it. But Michael's is probably a good bet; I'll have to go take a look.

If they have it, and provided it's not crazy expensive, I might just have to ask you for your address, katdog. [Big Grin]

(But only if you promise to share all the hilarity with us. [Wink] )

Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
At my desk at work, I have a picture of a statue of Marcus Aurelius taped up to my monitor. I have a CD player on which I frequently listen to things like Buffalo Springfield, Bread, the Moody Blues, or Gregorian Chant, though I am 26 years old and an agnostic. I frequently change my screen saver to quote lines from obscure Neil Young or Stephen Stills or Mark Knopfler songs or random-but-meaningful Latin phrases like "Carpe puellam".

No one in my office has ever asked about any of these things. No one is curious who the guy in the picture is, or why on earth I am listening to that, or what the heck that phrase means.

Maybe if I had a Thing in a Jar, someone would finally notice that I work there. [Wall Bash]

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

Hehe, I play Judas Priest on my computer at work. It's hard to miss that I work there.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Bubble Game.

What fun links do you have?

Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
my top score so far is 48830.

<3 Bust-a-Move and all its ilk.

*Edited for grammar.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.