FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Chadwick molted! *pictures!

Author Topic: Chadwick molted! *pictures!
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
The CW shell is Chad and next to it is the old skin.

The New and Improved Chad

Today something peculiar happened to my beloved little hermit crab. I was stricken with horrible grief when I noticed he was hanging limp from his shell.

Was he dead?

Oh, no!

Not my Chadwick!

However, upon closer inspection of the "carcass", I realized something...

There was no fish-like "death smell",

and...

it was hollow!

I immediately looked inside his shell to see one of the most beautiful sights ever.

A beautiful tender-looking claw inside, as rosy as a baby's behind.
My Chad, has molted. [Smile] And I will take a picture each day in order to show the exoskeleton hardening process.

=3 Much love!
I'm SO happy this happened! Let's just hope he makes it!

[The Wave]

[Party]

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JumboWumbo
Member # 10047

- posted      Profile for JumboWumbo   Email JumboWumbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Thus concludes the "Biology of Chadwiuck" lesson for the day. Congrats on Chadwicks evolutionary accomplishments and I'd like to see the end result. [Smile]
Posts: 213 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm molting! Molting! Oh! What a world, what a world!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Pictures! Lovely!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.