FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » annihilation (Go Gators!)

Author Topic: annihilation (Go Gators!)
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that was an amazing national championship for the Gators. That should shut up the critics.

[ January 09, 2007, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: Lupus ]

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
libertygirl
Member # 8761

- posted      Profile for libertygirl   Email libertygirl         Edit/Delete Post 
YAY! I'm glad they won even though I'm more of a Seminole fan. A friend of mine had $150 bet on the gators lol.
Posts: 143 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaisyMae
Member # 9722

- posted      Profile for DaisyMae   Email DaisyMae         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was kind of cool to see the "underdog" win, but my husband is a huge Ohio State fan, (and I was rooting for them too). He was so disappointed. I don't get too emotionally involved in the games, but it would have been nice to see the Bucks take the Championship. No doubt the Gators deserved the win last night though.
Posts: 293 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
After their bowl performances, the Michigan/OSU game doesn't seem so epic. Both teams got blown out by their opponents. I think I might have preferred watching Florida match up with USC, after all was said and done.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree that the Gators outplayed the Buckeyes last night...

...but some of those calls were compelte BS.

Example 1: Florida's second touchdown, where it was obvious in the video that his knee was down WELL before the ball crossed the plane... and even after review, the call stood.

Example 2: the off-sides for FLorida that was called as a false start for OSU.

Even if these two calls hadn't been made, though, I don't think it would make much difference. Make the game a little closer, maybe, but that team out there in Scarlet and Gray was not the same team I watched during the rest of the season. They just weren't at their best- that much is obvious to anyone who watches OSU football regularly.

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
There are some days when it is truly great to be a Florida Gator.

This is one of them! [Cool]

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know, the whole season I was saying PAC 10 football was over rated... who knew that it was really the BIG 10 who was so incredibly over rated?

Maybe the big 10 can have their huge national championship rematch THAT THEY DESERVE DAMMIT!!!!! in the Third Place game if we ever get a playoff.

Or maybe that should go to Boise State.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
They just weren't at their best- that much is obvious to anyone who watches OSU football regularly.
They didn't play well. But I think it's because they were completely unequipped to handle the speed of Florida's front four. OSU's tackles got embarassed, and, consequently, so did Troy Smith.

And as for your example 1, I disagree. I do agree that it wouldn't have made a difference, though.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Tinros, don't forget the holding call that was missed during the Buckeyes first touchdown.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Also don't forget that Florida's defense only gave up 7 points all game, and only 82 total yards. The single kickoff return TD yielded more yards in the first 16 seconds than the OSU team managed in the remainder of the game. OSU only managed 8 first downs, and only had the ball for 19:12 of a 60 minute game.

They were just plainly outplayed in every area. A call here or there wouldn't have changed anything.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed the game a lot.

The buckeye's first run was awesome -- but part of me says that the Gator guy could have done exactly the same thing in return on his first run-back, if the OSU guy hadn't grabbed his facemask to pull him down. Better a penalty than a touchdown, I guess.

But I was really surprised at Ohio's lack of defense. They leaked like a sieve.

I'm not a follower or fan of either team, but I enjoyed watching the game.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walleo77
Member # 9361

- posted      Profile for Walleo77           Edit/Delete Post 
The Gators, a winner all the way. I was so tired of hearing the comontators say how bad the Gators were and that they did not deserve to be in the championship with Ohio. I would like to hear them now. It was a decisive victory. I did expect Ohio to do better than they did. Needless to say(but I will say anyway) I am exited and thrilled with the score. IN YOUR FACE TO THE COMONTATORS! And Libertygirl, Though I am a Gators fan I cheer for all florida teams when they play anyother teams so good for you. You should have been here last night. You would have had fun. We even had a cheese pizza. Anyway, to the GATORS...CHEER,CHEER,CHEER!
Posts: 11 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
War Eagle! Auburn, the team that beat the national champs! =)
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.