FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Futurama--"Jurassic Bark"--the ending montage

Author Topic: Futurama--"Jurassic Bark"--the ending montage
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
Seymour waiting for Fry

[Frown]

Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, I loved this show. I can't wait until it gets revived. Thanks for posting the clip.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fusiachi
Member # 7376

- posted      Profile for Fusiachi   Email Fusiachi         Edit/Delete Post 
Just caught that episode for the first time the other night. The ending montage is pretty much a masterpiece, when taken in the context of the entire episode.
Posts: 433 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
That episode gets to Lindsay's heartstrings every time. It's a well done piece.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
So sad. Poor puppy.

And a nice little message about not 'unselfishly' letting people go when they actually might not want you to...

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that may actually be my favorite episode of Futurama. It's just nice.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Jurassic Bark and Luck of the Fryish both wind up pulling no punches with their ending montages.
Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
There's also the one with the space bees who make 'ordinary honey', that one's a bit serious at times but I agree, those two episodes are no punch-pullers overall.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
I find that the saddest cartoon episode I've seen since Bambi.

Anyway, the reason I prefer Futurama to Family Guy now is because it has a heart.

Not the one that Bender keeps, but a living one.

The characters develop, and, as funny as it is and as silly as it is, in the last season especially the romance between Fry and Leela actually begins to develop.

As dopey as Fry is, he's actually getting better. He's starting to grow up, if only a little bit.

And the whole romance is getting sweet. Especially the show's last episode, with Fry getting the Robot Devil's hands, and the musical number and everything. The ending was touching.

Two years later is when the next Futurama is set.

Gah! What's gonna happen?! I want to knoooooooooooow.

But anyway, Jurassic Bark is maybe my favorite episode outside the ones with the Robot Devil.

Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
I prefer Futurama to Family Guy mostly because the jokes are better. This is dependant on me being a major nerd, of course, so I get more of them...but so many of the jokes in Family Guy are basically, "Yeah, just like the time I..." and then the show completely diverts to the joke, and then straight back to the show.

No setup, no finesse, no fitting it into the episode, it's just there. Don't get me wrong, it's funny, but Futurama seems to rely on subtler and more ironic humor more often than Family Guy, which is probably why I prefer it.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that one will stick with me a while. [Frown] It often surprises me just how great cartoons can be.
Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Futurama has surpassed Simpsons for me.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw. That was so sad. [Frown]

Simpsons in my opinion started going downhill in the 9th season. I think they've exausted the whole Homer is a bad husband who drinks a lot, Bart's an underachiever, Lisa's a whiny overachiever thing.
I think one of the best episodes was when Selma went to China to adopt a baby. It was about someone outside the Simpson circle.

But I do wish I had that whole Futurama episode. Poor little dog, and that sad song too.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
In that Episode, Fry does the Hustle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNHcLBSE7_Y

[Smile]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I have the episode in .mpg, Syn, but can't figure out a good way to transfer a 230M file. [Razz]
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.