FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fasts, Grandchildren, E-mail and an apology to Phanto.!!Bumped!!

Author Topic: Fasts, Grandchildren, E-mail and an apology to Phanto.!!Bumped!!
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

- posted      Profile for Rotar Mode   Email Rotar Mode         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Hatrack. It's been a little while. I usually don't post during fasts and religious holidays.

I'm very happy right now. My son's wife went into labour on January 1. She gave birth to a beautiful young girl. You'll forgive me if I spend more of the next few months with her than with you. [Taunt]

She is my first grandchild. If I can get a picture, I'll post it.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

A while ago, Phanto sent me an e-mail through the board. I didn't get it until a few weeks later. Phanto, I apologize for not getting back to you.

Can anyone recommend a good, preferably free, e-mail service? This is not the first time that mine has given me this kind of treatment. [Mad] Thanks in advance.
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[ February 19, 2007, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Rotar Mode ]

Posts: 155 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on the new grandbaby! Enjoy! [Smile]

Email service: Gmail. Really, it's awesome. Need an invite?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Gmail. If you need an invite, say so, and besides me you'll probably get a few dozen offers.

Congrats on the new granddaughter. [Party]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*razz* Beetcha. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka: (not quite) Jinx!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka, does your email @ uclalumni.com still work?

I emailed you this morning.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

It must. I just emailed you back. [Wink]

I was supremely unhelpful. [Embarrassed]

El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
*enjoys his subtle piece of social engineering*

Btw, congrats on the grandkid, RM.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Dang, rivka, you beat me again!
rivka
Member # 4859

*twinkle* Took you long enough to notice. [Wink]
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

- posted      Profile for Rotar Mode   Email Rotar Mode         Edit/Delete Post 
Any invites can be sent to rotarmode AT mail.com.
Thank you.

Posts: 155 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, an official apology to me! Yay! [Smile]

No problem, though I did get a B on that paper, scuttling my chances of getting an A in that course, which is unfortunate. Pity. (Or maybe not; you were spared reading a not-quite-excellent paper!)

Well, perhaps I would have the editing prowess of you later, on some later occasion? If so, I extend my forgiveness with no reserve. If not, well, I'll extend it regardless [Smile] .

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

Phanto, feel free to call upon my editing prowess(*snort*) any time you wish.

And gmail looks good. Invites please.

Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Gmail is awesome! I love the interface.

Congratulations on your granddaughter! How very exciting. [Smile]

If you don't mind me asking, which religion do you belong to?

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

Sunni Islam. And thank you for the congratulations. I am indeed excited.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I thought you were Muslim, but I'm not aware of any Muslim holidays going on right now...
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!!! From what I hear (being a long way off from any of my own, what with not even having any kids yet and all...) Grandkids are Awesome! : )

If you don't get an invite to gmail - let me know.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Invite sent (probably one of many, but I had 98, so why not [Wink] ).
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Hah! This time I beat The Rivka! [Razz]
rivka
Member # 4859

[prim]

Some of us were at work, little missy. Dealing with one of the all-time craziest times of year, combined with preparing for the two-hour presentation on the FAFSA I get to give on Sunday.

[Razz]

Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

quote:
Originally posted by quidscribis:
I thought you were Muslim, but I'm not aware of any Muslim holidays going on right now...

Which is why I am now posting. [Taunt] [Wink]
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Um, okay, but... Eid was 13 days ago (ish, depending on your location)... That's quite the delay... But then, you're new enough that you're just not as addicted as the rest of us... [Big Grin]
quidscribis
Member # 5124

rivka: [Taunt]
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

quote:
Originally posted by quidscribis:
Um, okay, but... Eid was 13 days ago (ish, depending on your location)... That's quite the delay... But then, you're new enough that you're just not as addicted as the rest of us... [Big Grin]

That, and my granddaughter. [Big Grin]
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

I also give myself a couple of days of reflection afer celebrating Eid. Call me crazy, but that's when I feel most at peace.
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on your new grandchild!
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

Thank you.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Nope, not calling you crazy. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, and if it works for you, then that's a good enough reason to continue. [Smile]
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

<UPDATE>
Wow, time flies on Hatrack, doesn't it. My grandchild is doing incredibly well. It seems that she never stops writhing and moving around, she is so full of life. She's also grown quite a bit, although I can still hold her with one arm.

I realized that after making my original post, I never posted a picture of my little baby. This brings me to my question: on all other forums I've been on, we could post pictures directly into our posts. It appears to be disabled in this forum, so how can I get a picture of her to you, my friends?

My new e-mail address is working great. You can now reach me at rotarmode AT gmail.com.

I'll probably be posting more often in these next few days, but you can always reach me at that address. I check it almost every day. Any questions you may have about my faith (Islam) my profession (journalism, although I'm retired now), or anything else you think I could help you with, feel free. You could also ask those questions on the forum, but it may be a while before I respond. That's all for now, dudes.

*Goes a-postin'*

Shigosei
Member # 3831

You can post a link to a photo site with your photos.

Like so: http://flickr.com/photos/shigosei/395099923/

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=mail<mpl=gabby&hl=en
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a new Hatrack Photo Gallery (old one is now defunct) and we'd love to see your granddaughter there. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
Shigosei, that's a great photo.

The building somehow reminds me of the Marin County Civic Centre...

This one is also very neat. Mind if I ask what camera you used to take your night time photos?

Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

Thanks, Euripides! That night shot is one of my favorites, too. Pretty much all of the photos on my flickr site were taken with an HP photosmart 812 digital camera. It's pretty much a point-and-shoot, but it does a reasonable job auto-adjusting for nighttime conditions. I usually set it down on something and use the timer to take the picture in order to avoid blurred photos.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.