FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Gulf War resolutions against Iraq

Author Topic: Gulf War resolutions against Iraq
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
I read a post on a thread here a long time ago that said something about 5 resolutions (I don't remember if that was the word used) being passed against Iraq after the Gulf war that said Iraq couldn't do certain things. The poster then said that 4 of those resolutions were broken by Saddam Hussein, with the 5th unbroken one being about building nuclear weapons. The poster also said that if any one of those resolutions were broken then there would be justification to go to war against Iraq.

I've been trying to search for this post, but it was a long time ago and I don't remember anything else about it. Can anyone tell me if these facts are true and maybe clarify a bit on them, like what the resolutions were? I know this is kind of random, but something like this came up in a discussion and I remembered reading this on Hatrack. Thanks for any help.

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a list of UN resolutions from the Kuwait invasion in 1990 to just before Gulf War II began. These are excerpts from a paper the White House used to justify the invasion.

Not sure which five you want, but I would guess the unbroken one was 687.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.