FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dreamgirls: Did this happen when you watched it?

Author Topic: Dreamgirls: Did this happen when you watched it?
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
I finally got to see Dreamgirls last night. -Great- movie. Yet, something happened that's rarely (if ever) occurred whenever I've attended a movie.

People were giving standing ovations to the film.

Check that, they were giving standing ovations each time Jennifer Hudson sang.

-I- was tempted to do the same thing more than once. Her voice has become incredible. She sells these songs completely.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, people cheered at many points in the film.

Not standing, though.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
*Whew*, yeah I could understand cheering, but the standing rather surprised me. [Smile]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
I finally got to see Dreamgirls last night. -Great- movie. Yet, something happened that's rarely (if ever) occurred whenever I've attended a movie.

There were some people in the back of the theater that gave a standing ovation at the end of the new Rocky movie.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heffaji
Member # 3669

- posted      Profile for Heffaji   Email Heffaji         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SteveRogers:
quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:

There were some people in the back of the theater that gave a standing ovation at the end of the new Rocky movie.
You were probably in a theater with my cousin. He worships the Rocky movies, acts out the mannerisms, and dreams of being the guy who works as the Rocky impersonator on the museum steps.
Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
The first time I visited a cinema in London, back in the day, I was surprised to see the audience give a standing ovation -- with calls of "Encore!" -- to Dick Tracy.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.