FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Bone Wars

Author Topic: The Bone Wars
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I had my surgery this morning. I would've posted in my Attack of the Bones thread, but I can't seem to find it, and staring at the computer screen too intently makes me vomit.

The surgeon removed two pretty sizable fragments of bone. The one on top was the size of a fingernail clipping if you'd let them grow out for a few weeks. I don't have too much swelling, but I can't keep anything down. [Frown] Probably because of the pain medication...but I'm in a lot of pain, so I'm trying to find some way to keep taking it.

Anyway, the good news is that I'm not incredibly swollen, and I'm hoping I'll be able to work this weekend.

Just so ya know. [Razz]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes. What an 8000th post! You poor thing.

Hopefully you'll heal quick!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Get better!
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Hope your healing goes swiftly!
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Get well soon Pearce. Sorry I haven't been on Aim in a while, been running around taking care of getting a new place.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeesh. Hope this one fixes it before they have to go do the dreaded head amputation. That's a tough one to recover from.

On the plus side, though, if they do have to amputate, you'll lose a quick 95 pounds.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Ugh, I feel like I got punched in the jaw by a gigantic, rabid gorilla. But I'll be going to work tomorrow for sure. And I can actually open my mouth. This is way better than last time.

JT, you're in Covington now, right?

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
"way better than last time" = yay!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still in Hammond, for like the next two weeks or so. I have an apartment on Calhoun St., right by Tulane, but I'm not moving all the way in until then.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
(((hugs))) Glad you are fixed, though! I hope your healing goes smoothly this time!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:
I'm still in Hammond, for like the next two weeks or so. I have an apartment on Calhoun St., right by Tulane, but I'm not moving all the way in until then.

Dude, you're going to live within walking distance of me.

-pH

El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

Everything's walking distance if you leave early enough. [Wink]

But seriously, that's awesome.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.