FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Invading Iran? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Invading Iran?
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you're back, EG. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Iran already has intermediate range ballistic missiles. Hitting anywhere in the Middle East is already an option. The are tested, we know they work.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
And....

Iran is officially believed to be importing IEDs and IED components to Iraq.

Iran arming Iraq militias

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Counter Bean
Member # 10176

- posted      Profile for Counter Bean           Edit/Delete Post 
Their is little doubt that Iran desires to make an ICBM, however even with Russian's building them for them and offering the ICBM scholarship program to every Iranian who wants to be a rocket scientist they are years from that capability. The Shahab 3's are a bit payload light for a heavy bomb, they need a next generation missile and a good bomb.

But my posture is based on what could be in place today, not three years from now or ten. A Russian warhead is not likely to be much more difficult to import then thirty tons of high carbon steel. The truth is we do not know how compact a device the Russian's inherited from the Soviet's but one would buy a lot of oil and good will.

I consider the smuggled bomb through Hezbolla to be the "It could happen today" possibility, probabilities will change as time passes.

Russia has all but declared itself as our enemy again, while China is cracking down on its aid. I think we need to watch the Russian/Iranian trade very close and estimate the threat based on what we see.

Posts: 231 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.