FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pre-production work is underway on Harry Potter 6...

Author Topic: Pre-production work is underway on Harry Potter 6...
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Kinda cute how they avoid spoiling who dies, this long after the book's release.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
"Warner Bros. is eyeing a November 21, 2008 release for Half-Blood Prince."

Nice to know they have the planning that far along so that we now have the release dates for the next two upcoming HP movies.

Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Any news on whether the chick who plays Hermione (I know her name but can't for the life of me think of it right now) is going to be back? I remember hearing a while ago that she was thinking about not doing the 6th and 7th.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
If done right, the sixth movie could very well be the best. At this point, my favorite is still the third one.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove:
Any news on whether the chick who plays Hermione (I know her name but can't for the life of me think of it right now) is going to be back? I remember hearing a while ago that she was thinking about not doing the 6th and 7th.

There has been no official announcement as yet, however MuggleNet as an article with Rupert Grint who states that he's heard the rumors, but doesn't know one way or the other, and that he hopes she stays.
Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I don't think it would be good for the franchise if we switched one of the main characters six movies into the series. I should hope she finishes what she started.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the actress who plays Hermoine -- I hope she doesn't leave. Although, I have to say that I don't think she's really looked the part since the third movie.

None of the movies have managed to get me excited. I didn't even see the third movie in theaters because I didn't like the first two at all. When I got it through Netflix, it turned out #3 was much better...better enough that I would have seen #4 in theaters but it came out the day after my son was born and I was a bit preoccupied. [Smile]

I have to agree, though, that if they can make any of the movies exciting it will be #6.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I think they should have let Terry Gilliam direct the first two. Then the third movie, directed by Alfonso Cuaron, would have felt much more natural. It would have progressed much more logically.
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Emma Watson plays Hermione Granger.
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim Burton should do Half Blood Prince.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I think they should tap Tim Burton for 6 and 7.
gsim1337
Member # 10168

- posted      Profile for gsim1337   Email gsim1337         Edit/Delete Post 
*sighs*
I've given up getting excited about the Harry Potter movies. They butchered the fourth one, and there is a good chance that they'll do it to the next few.
Books turned into movies usually end up really bad. The LotR movies were great, but a rare exception. On the other hand, Eragon almost made me cry, it was so off.

Posts: 81 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
As for Emma Watson, I don't think there's anything definitive about her staying, either; but I did find this at IMDB under her name:
quote:
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2008) (pre-production) (attached) .... Hermione Granger

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz B
Member # 8238

- posted      Profile for Liz B   Email Liz B         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually was not a big fan of #3 (movie, not book). The climax with the time traveling was so complicated that there wasn't much time for the fun, "being-at-school" stuff that makes HP what it is. I was suprised at how well #4 turned out.

Emma Watson has always been too pretty to play Hermione, although she's a fine actress. I just re-read #1, and I heard the "books and cleverness" line with her exact delivery in my head. (I hear Jim Dale for Hagrid and Ron on some of the lines.)

Posts: 834 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueWizard
Member # 9389

- posted      Profile for BlueWizard   Email BlueWizard         Edit/Delete Post 
I think very wisely the kids are taking the movies one at a time. I read recently that Dan Radcliffe through his parent was offerred the role of Harry, but it meant moving to Hollywood and commiting to all seven films. His parents shot that down immediately, and very wisely I might add. Later, he was offerred the role again but this time it was a two movie commitment and was being filmed in the UK.

The point is, if they had made a seven movie contractual commitment, they would have all gotten (pardon the French) screwed. By negotiating each movie one at a time, they can evaluate where they are in life, what their priorities are, and they can re-negotiate their acting fees.

Dan got something like £60,000 for the first two movies. I believe he got £6,000,000 for the most current. (Double those to get US equivalent.)

Emma/Hermione is evaluating her life. Personally I think she is foolish if she passes up the money. It only means a couple of years of her life, and that investment can guarantee her decades of financial and social freedom. In two or three years, after the last movie, she can go to any university in the world and study anything she wants, all without the intense finacial pressure that are on most college students.

So, I think it is more than fair that now that they are between movies Emma is evaluating her position. Does she want to make this huge commitment of time and energy in exchange for money? And exactly how much money are we talking about?

What ever she decides, I applaud her judgement. Only she knows what her priorities are and only she knows what is best for her life. What is best for the movies, and what is best for Warner are irrelevant. She must choose that which is best for her immediate life and her future.

However, Emma speculates that she might like to continue on in the acting profession, and I think staying the the HP franchise, plus appearing on stage or in independant films like Dan and Ron would work best toward achieving that goal, if indeed that is her goal.

I'm not such a greedy fan that it is all about ME, ME, ME. Emma's wants and need trump my wants and needs by a long way, so I accept whatever judgement she makes.

Steve/BlueWizard

Posts: 803 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SteveRogers:
I think they should have let Terry Gilliam direct the first two. Then the third movie, directed by Alfonso Cuaron, would have felt much more natural. It would have progressed much more logically.

Plus, they should have had Terry Jones play the painting of Mrs. Black in OotP. [Big Grin]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

That would be so awesome!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.