FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Live Free and Die Hard trailer!

Author Topic: Live Free and Die Hard trailer!
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Yippee-ki-yay! Bruce Willis and a walking, talking Macintosh computer.

Link (Pick the international trailer, dated 2.15.07 -- though if it's international, you'd think it'd be dated 15.2.07)

[ February 15, 2007, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you get the title wrong or do I not get the joke?

I've been excited about this for awhile. I love Die Hard. I'm not sure how well they'll be able to get away with the whole "Oh I'm just an average every day cop and- oh crap terrorists AGAIN! And my wife is in trouble, AGAIN! Quick, where's my sidekick du jour? Time to blow crap up while the professionals muck it all up big time!" thing.

I admit to not having seen Die Hard 3, which is a crime, but I still think this will be great, especially with Justin Long, who I think is hilarious.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I really hate car chases. I find them incredibly dull.

But even I have to admit that the car-flipping-and-landing-on-two-other-cars looks kinda cool.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I think this movie has the potential to kick some major tail.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
My only question is - does the trailer have Timothy Olyphant in it? Can't wait to see Sherrif Bullock take his 'impotent rage' look to the silver screen....
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SC Carver
Member # 8173

- posted      Profile for SC Carver   Email SC Carver         Edit/Delete Post 
Die Hard 3 comes on the cable movie chanels all the time and I find myself watching it again and again. I think it is the interaction between Willis and Jackson. I've liked the "mac" guy in just about anything he's done. So who knows it could be good.

I can't seem to make myself sit through the first one very often even though to me it was the first over the top, non-stop action, mega movie.

Posts: 555 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I can't seem to make myself sit through the first one very often even though to me it was the first over the top, non-stop action, mega movie.
I always thought the first Die Hard was one of the most intelligent and realistic action thrillers, with great moments between John Maclane and Sgt. Al Powell. How could you not sit through it? I think the problem is that it's decidedly not an over-the-top, non-stop action mega movie...and certainly not the first. Off the top of my head "Commando" came out before Die Hard.
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SC Carver
Member # 8173

- posted      Profile for SC Carver   Email SC Carver         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't get me wrong the first Die Hard was great. But it seems dated now, the 3rd one doesn't.

Never saw "Commando", but Arnold movies were always in a realm of their own. More fantasy than anything else.

I guess in my mind Die Hard was the first big budget movie that came up with a formula where an everyday guy is thrown into extraordinary circumstances that require him overcome one challenge after another until at last he saves the day. It has been used in many, many movies. Some good like "The Fugitive" and some not so good "Con Air" and I am sure plenty of terrible movies I never bothered to see. There may have been others with this plot before DH but it’s the first big one I remember.

Maybe it was just the first one to make Bruce Willis into an action star.

Posts: 555 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Probably due to WesleyCrusher and the Mac mouthbreather, but I'm already hoping that boy wonder will get jokered early.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
The second Die Hard movie is the only one that doesn't really hold my interest. For one thing, Passenger 57 did it so much better.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
Passenger 57 did it so much better.

I'm sorry, but my brain is having difficulty with that statement.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
Timothy Olyphant is going to be Agent 47 in the Hitman movie. I'm not sold yet, but he's a way better choice than Vin Diesel.

I wonder what they were thinking with the Diesel thing, before they went with Olyphant. Casting for baldness? They've heard of razors, right? [Smile]

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
I read about this movie about 2 years ago. I thought it was a joke. At the time it was called Die Hard 4.0.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
I read about this movie about 2 years ago. I thought it was a joke. At the time it was called Die Hard 4.0.

And Britney Spears was rumored to play his daughter, and it was supposed to be something about them being on vacation...

I've learned to not have much faith in rumors.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.