FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » HPMF = Florence's Mirembe School (Page 3)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: HPMF = Florence's Mirembe School
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, we're up to $50 now! Thanks! =)
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

It's the ides of April and time to bump. Happy tax day everybody! [Smile]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Dear jatraqueros del mundo ,

This is an update on Flea Market:

Thank you for your loan. It has been disbursed to Nora Topeto by South Pacific Business Development in Samoa. We are excited to watch this business grow. Over the next 12 - 16 months, South Pacific Business Development will be collecting repayments from this entrepreneur and posting progress updates on the Kiva website.

Kiva very much appreciates your responses online. You can read and respond to this journal online at:
http://www.kiva.org/app.php?page=businesses&action=comment&id=6335&ent=8472

Some of our partners choose to write their journal entries in the local language in order to keep their overhead low. If this journal entry is in a foreign language, please feel free to use an online translator such as Altavista's Babelfish (http://babelfish.altavista.com).

Thanks!

-- Kiva Staff

Tatiana
Member # 6776

Oooh, I just got a commitment for $50 a month from now on! So April is up to $100 now! Wheeeeee! And from now on we'll be starting each month at $75. I'm so happy! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Yes! Hatrack is back up! Because the forum's been down, I'm extending April for a few more days. If you have a donation for April, please get it to me by the 5th. Then we'll choose our person for the month. [Smile]
Tatiana
Member # 6776

The business you have loaned to, groceries , has made a repayment of $318.00. The total amount repaid up to now is $318.00. The payment was collected and deposited by Admic Nacional. This repayment will be divided amongst all the lenders who helped to fund this business, depending upon the percentage each lender contributed. Note that you cannot actually withdraw or reloan these funds until after the loan term is complete.Comment:

scheduled repayment

To view your Kiva loan portfolio go to:
Image of our portfolio page

[Big Grin] We got a payment!!!

vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome!

quote:
Note that you cannot actually withdraw or reloan these funds until after the loan term is complete.
The loan term stated in your link says "3-6 months". So can you reloan now or do you have to wait three months?
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Only 184.11 of our 275 has been paid back yet, since the payment is divided proportionally among all the lenders, so the way it works is that we get the full 275 back in our account for re-loaning once the entire loan is paid off by the borrower. Until then we don't get anything, but as soon as it's fully paid, even if it's early, we are able to re-loan it. The 3-6 months refers to the total time the loan is supposed to take to pay back, from the time it was issued until it's paid off completely. We lent it at the end of February so it should be sometime before the end of August when we're repaid.
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Okay, last day for April's fund. If you want to add a contribution for April, send it to me right away. [Smile]
Tatiana
Member # 6776

April loan has been made!

We loaned $100 to Laurette Abia in the Ivory Coast to exand her Cassava cakes business. She has 3 kids and is sending the youngest two to school.

Our lender page shows all three of our borrowers now. I'm excited that it's starting to grow! [Smile] After 6, 12, or 18 months, depending on the loan terms, we should begin to have roughly one loan paid back a month on average, and so our new contributions for the month will be added to the previous amounts so we will continue to have more and more to lend. [Smile] If it gets big enough we might start having to split it up between several borrowers. That will be fun! [Smile]

An image of our portfolio page.

Tatiana
Member # 6776

I just love it that we now have commitments from two people to give a certain amount every month from now on! That's such a great way to really make a difference in the long run, slow and steady. [Smile] I want to challenge jatraqueros to make that commitment, even if it's a small amount. Even if it's only $5 a month, or $10, or $15, together we can make a difference. We can make a big impact on the world. What would Ender do? [Smile]
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Will you commit to a small monthly gift to jatraqueros' kiva fund?
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Okay, it's one week into May and time to start the May fund. We have $75 for May, to start with. Who will make it $100?

Just look at what you've done so far, hatrack! You're making a real difference in the world. You're putting your money where your mouths are. You're doing your part to make the world a better place. I'm very proud of that.

[ May 07, 2007, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Tatiana ]

Tatiana
Member # 6776

The ides of May have arrived (and gone). We're still at $75. Anyone care to chip in?
Tatiana
Member # 6776

This is an update on Cassava cakes selling:

Thank you for your loan. It has been disbursed to Laurette Abia by Afrique Emergence & Investissements in Cote D'Ivoire. We are excited to watch this business grow. Over the next 12 - 18 months, Afrique Emergence & Investissements will be collecting repayments from this entrepreneur and posting progress updates on the Kiva website.

Kiva very much appreciates your responses online. You can read and respond to this journal online at:
http://www.kiva.org/app.php?page=businesses&action=comment&id=9864&ent=10982

Some of our partners choose to write their journal entries in the local language in order to keep their overhead low. If this journal entry is in a foreign language, please feel free to use an online translator such as Altavista's Babelfish (http://babelfish.altavista.com).

Thanks!

-- Kiva Staff

Tatiana
Member # 6776

I added some cool new businesses to my personal kiva account lately. I now have 22 borrowers from nine different countries around the world. [Smile]

So far our jatraqueros account has three borrowers from three different countries. Pretty schaweet yo. Can't wait to see what we'll choose this next month. Only nine more days. [Smile]

Tatiana
Member # 6776

One week left in May! Somebody please add something for May. We're still at $75.
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Yay, we got another contribution! We're currently at $90 for May. [Smile] Thanks so much for that!

There are still six days left in May if someone wants to make a Memorial Day contribution in memory of the all the warriors who have sacrificed so much for their country through the years. [Smile]

Tatiana
Member # 6776

Just four days left. I hope we can get at least one new person to contribute. So far we just have the staunch regulars. Come on someone else help us out! [Smile]
Tatiana
Member # 6776

I just added some new people to my personal kiva account since I had something of a windfall come my way recently. I had 4 people make loan payments yesterday too. So far 2 of my borrowers in my personal account have paid their loans off, and I've been able to loan that money out again to others.

The thing that has me really excited is that I realize that after the first year or so, I'll begin to see on average one loan a month being paid off, so that can be added to my new contribution to loan to others, and the whole thing will start to snowball. Maybe the snowball eventually can turn into something like an avalanche, and poverty will become something ugly we used to have on this planet, like smallpox or something. [Smile] Would that be awesome? [Blushing]

Tatiana
Member # 6776

Two days left in May. We're still at $90.
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Okay, last day in May. Someone pick us a borrower!
Tatiana
Member # 6776

All right, since nobody else picked, I went ahead and chose. We loaned $100 to Jecinta Muthoni Kamau to buy more stock for her open air grocery stall. We now have 4 borrowers! [Smile] Our lender page shows them. Finally, here is a snapshot of our current portfolio.
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Dear jatraqueros del mundo,

This email confirms that $275.00 of your loan to groceries is now redeemable.

This amount can now be re-loaned to another business, donated to Kiva or withdrawn.

Kiva

http://www.kiva.org/app.php?page=account

Wow, our first loan has already been paid off! That means June is starting at $350, yay!

Tatiana
Member # 6776

Almost the middle of the month. Time for a kiva bump. [Smile]
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Another bump in honor of Aaron's and Julian's baptism this weekend! I get to be Julian's godmother. [Smile] I need a wand or something.
Tatiana
Member # 6776

We got another loan payment! =)

The business you have loaned to, Cassava cakes selling, has made a repayment of $46.00. The total amount repaid up to now is $46.00. The payment was collected and deposited by Afrique Emergence & Investissements. This repayment will be divided amongst all the lenders who helped to fund this business, depending upon the percentage each lender contributed. Note that you cannot actually withdraw or reloan these funds until after the loan term is complete.Comment:

scheduled_repayment

Tatiana
Member # 6776

Only about a week left in the month. Time for another contribution, maybe?
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Hey, only two days left! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for keeping this page updated. I keep reading it, and keep wishing I could throw some money your way, I just have too much on my plate at the moment, even for five bucks, but this is fun keeping track of, and it's exciting to see the loans getting paid back.

Your commitment is admirable, and your updates are appreciated. [Smile]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

[Smile] Thanks!
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Okay, last day of the month! Let's see who's out there to pick. Anyone want to find a good person?
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I like this woman.

All she wants to do is succeed at her job so she can send her sons to college. I say we help her do it. [Smile]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

All right, I picked Elisa Amarilla Dominguez.

Elisa Amarilla Domínguez is married and has 2 children, Emily, who is 5 years old, and Ángel, who is 8 months. Elisa is an entrepreneurial woman. Her husband contributes economically to the household, but she likes to work — her children’s wellbeing is her motivation. She is saving for their future so that they will be able to have access to a good education. She did not have access to much education; she only studied through 6th grade because her parents weren’t able to pay for school for her and her siblings.

Today, after much hard work, Elisa is the owner of a small grocery store located in her house. Thanks to the store, she is able to combine the time she needs for caring for her children with tending to business. Thanks to a good level of demand, and the good location of the store (there are no other groceries for a radius of several blocks), she has decided to add on to the physical area of the business. To do this she needs as loan of $800.00 to complete the expansion of the store and modernize it so that she can keep up with demand and offer more products.

Tatiana
Member # 6776

Oh, darn, Lyrhawn! I wish I had seen your pick in time. I like her a lot! She looks like a great prospect. I'm sorry I didn't see your post before I chose.
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Aww, I forgot to donate for June. Or at least, I think I did. Anyway, I just donated independently to Lyrhawn's lady. So now we did both.
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Oh, I'm so glad! That makes me feel a lot better. [Smile]
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

The more the merrier, thanks Dragon. [Smile]
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Dragon, thanks, as well, for being such a faithful contributor. You rawk!

It's July now, and what better way to celebrate the freedoms we have in the good old U.S. than to help someone who lives elsewhere make a better life for themselves and their children?

Tatiana
Member # 6776

This is an update on Cassava cakes selling written by Fahan Bamba:

Abia Laurette has successfully revitalised her cassava cakes business with her Kiva loan. She has bough new cooking equipments which are now used by her elder daughter. The family has increased the volume of cassava cake production. Laurette has also improved margin. She is very happy and thanks all Kiva loans donors. She promises to continue developing her business during the next months.

http://www.kiva.org/app.php?page=businesses&action=comment&id=9864&ent=15052

Thanks!

-- Kiva Staff

Tatiana
Member # 6776

The business you have loaned to, Jecinta Muthoni Kamau, has made a repayment of $27.00. The total amount repaid up to now is $27.00. The payment was collected and deposited by Ebony Foundation (Eb-F). This repayment will be divided amongst all the lenders who helped to fund this business, depending upon the percentage each lender contributed. Note that you cannot actually withdraw or reloan these funds until after the loan term is complete.Comment:

scheduled_repayment

Tatiana
Member # 6776

Oh, and by the way, July is half over. Time for a contribution to the HPMF fund!
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Yay, ask and ye shall receive! The fund is up to $145 for the month of July! [Smile]
Tatiana
Member # 6776

The business you have loaned to, Flea Market, has made a repayment of $168.00. The total amount repaid up to now is $252.00. The payment was collected and deposited by South Pacific Business Development. This repayment will be divided amongst all the lenders who helped to fund this business, depending upon the percentage each lender contributed. Note that you cannot actually withdraw or reloan these funds until after the loan term is complete.Comment:

scheduled_repayment

Tatiana
Member # 6776

The business you have loaned to, Cassava cakes selling, has made a repayment of $46.00. The total amount repaid up to now is $92.00. The payment was collected and deposited by Afrique Emergence & Investissements. This repayment will be divided amongst all the lenders who helped to fund this business, depending upon the percentage each lender contributed. Note that you cannot actually withdraw or reloan these funds until after the loan term is complete.Comment:

scheduled_repayment

Tatiana
Member # 6776

One week left in July. Countdown commencing. [Smile]
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Last weekend in July. [Smile]
Hegemon
Member # 370

- posted      Profile for Hegemon           Edit/Delete Post 
July recepient? How about http://www.kiva.org/app.php?page=businesses&action=about&id=15358 ?
Posts: 295 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Or http://www.kiva.org/app.php?page=businesses&action=about&id=14760. I really wish I had money to contribute. I think this is a really great thing.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for dean   Email dean         Edit/Delete Post 
I rather like this one:

http://www.kiva.org/app.php?page=businesses&action=about&id=14642

Posts: 1751 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.