FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Psi Corps

Author Topic: Psi Corps
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
dobie
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Dootyhead [Wink]
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't there a video game with that title?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex Johansen
Member # 9090

- posted      Profile for Alex Johansen   Email Alex Johansen         Edit/Delete Post 
Meanwhile in offtopic land....

What's a dobie again? Someone explained it to me loooong ago, and I forgot [Frown]

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
a threat that parodies another thread with a similar sounding name or name that contains some or most of the words within that title, purpose? Humor.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
A dobie is a thread which usually sounds like and alludes to another thread (in this case, it's a dobie of the Peace Corps thread). The content is usually vapid, but if well done it can be a satirical comment on the original thread. They often get jokes across by linking to pictures.

I don't like dobies.

Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
All right-thinking hatrackers hate dobies.

Except for when they come up with one, and they they're briliant.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course.
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, baloney, porter.

Everyone loves dobies.

Those that don't are just big stick-in-the-muds.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I was a stick in the mud once.

Or I thought I was, thanks to a random encounter with a Psi Cop from the Peace Corps.

But I'm feeling much better now.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Scott R:
Oh, baloney, porter.

Everyone loves dobies.

Those that don't are just big stick-in-the-muds.

Are you supposed to be off somewhere not caring? [Razz]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
The best dobies have the exact same title.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
The best dobies have the exact same title.

Yeah so there! [Razz]
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.