FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Make your own ice cream

Author Topic: Make your own ice cream
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat]
Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Neat. Now if only you could buy what you made. It'd be so delicious.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
We used to do that in camp. We would put ice and cream and stuff in a ziploc bag and throw it around. It was kind of weird.
Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Honey, I'm Home:

Banana base with honey swirls, white chocolate chunks, fudge chunks, and graham crackers.

Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
You could also make it in quantity by hand in your own home.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone tried out those balls? You fill some plastic balls with the ingredients and then play catch for a few minutes. When that gets boring, presto! You have fabulous ice cream!

At least, that's what the ads promise.

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I made what Ben and Jerry's should never have abandoned: Chocolate Oreo Mint.
Chocolate mint ice cream with Oreos.
The best was Chocolare Mystic Mintm, though. The closest to that is Edy's seasonal Thin mInt cookie ice cream.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn, now I want some ice cream.
Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I want some gummi bears buried in ice cream. Delicious ice cream + frozen gummi bears hidden inside = awesome. *makes mental note to buy ice cream and gummi bears with the groceries next week*
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
curse you all. I totally want ice cream rigt now.
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I made "Southern Summer Fusion": peach ice cream with peaches, pie crust, pecans, and a caramel swirl. Mmmmm, it's like peach pie and pecan pie all rolled into one.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly
Member # 9576

- posted      Profile for Kelly   Email Kelly         Edit/Delete Post 
Apple Cinnamon Pie

Apple/Cinnamon base with pie crust chunks and a caramel swirl.

*REALLY wishes she could eat her creation*

Posts: 104 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
There does seem to be one weak point in this whole thing, cool as it is. I want to eat it!

Mine is called Chocolate Cinnamon Grisha, and is composed of a vanilla and cinnamon base, with chunks of waffle cone and dark chocolate swirls. MmMmMmmMmMmmMMmmmm, I want some!

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
ranger ice cream

cornflakes, brown sugar, shredded coconut

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
I miss Pulp Addiction. But they don't offer orange as a flavor option.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aiua:
Has anyone tried out those balls? You fill some plastic balls with the ingredients and then play catch for a few minutes. When that gets boring, presto! You have fabulous ice cream!

At least, that's what the ads promise.

It's more like 10-15 minutes, and it's easier to roll it back and forth than to throw it. But it works great.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.