FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Zooey Deschanel to go to Oz...

Author Topic: Zooey Deschanel to go to Oz...
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
...sort of. She's been cast as the lead in Tin Man, the SciFi Channel's upcoming butcher job of L. Frank Baum's fantasy classic.

A shame. She's a great actress.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll watch it.

Zooey is my celebrity crush. And we're destined to be together.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude...

Zooey Deschanel is MY girlfriend, and you can't have her.

Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a sneaking suspicion that Adam would be all over this thread in no time. [Wink]
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
According to IMDB, she's going to play Janis Joplin in an upcoming film or T.V. thing. No way. Janis Joplin was ugly and Zooey Deschanel is not.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
If Hollywood has taught me anything, it's that the only difference between an ugly woman and a beatuful woman is glasses, frumpy clothes, hair care, and makeup.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

So you're no longer able to judge beauty for yourself? I've seen many popular actresses with plenty of hair care and make-up who are still unattractive.
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So you're no longer able to judge beauty for yourself?
Why would I need to do that when I have an entire industry to do that for me?

quote:
I've seen many popular actresses with plenty of hair care and make-up who are still unattractive.
I think someone wasn't paying attention when Hollywood was trying to teach important life lessons.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

I thought of another sarcastic one-liner, but I think I'll refrain.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Now I know you haven't been paying attention. [Razz]
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have a link that explains what Tin Man is about? I'm sort of obsessed with Oz.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Euripides:
I had a sneaking suspicion that Adam would be all over this thread in no time. [Wink]

I'd rather be all over Zooey in no time. [Smile]
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

No doubt.

quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:

Now I know you haven't been paying attention. [Razz]

I don't get it. What's that supposed to mean? Are you still talking about the "important life lessons"?
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Absolutely. If Hollywood has taught me anything, it's that you should always respond with a witty/sarcastic one-liner.
Euripides
Member # 9315

*sigh*
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by blacwolve:
Does anyone have a link that explains what Tin Man is about? I'm sort of obsessed with Oz.

It's The Wizard of Oz, only Dorothy is an emo goth, the Cowardly Lion is a mutant wolverine, the Scarecrow is an android, the Tin Woodsman is a hardcore cyborg soldier, and the Wicked Witch of the West is apparently Dorothy's evil twin/dark side or something.

Oh, and it's set in a "dystopian psychedelic science fiction land" instead of a magical fantasy land.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Uh...that actually sounds kind of cool.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, PT. I thought you were joking with that synopsis there. I'm rather alarmed that it's the real thing.

!!!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
hah...agreed. And I love Zooey too. Ever since Almost Famous.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds plenty cool. It has no need to be called "Oz."
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
I actually watched the entirety of "Failure to Launch" on an airplane just for the occasional glimpse of Zooey. She's that pretty.

Of course, I kept the sound turned off. No need to listen to Matthew McConowhatsit or Sarah Jessica Parker if you aren't actually in Hell.

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by Storm Saxon:

-Every- revisionist take on Oz "makes it darker". I'm too jaded by the ten zillion previous "Dystopian Oz" stories to be enthusiastic about yet another "grim & gritty" Oz. [Smile]
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Ah, I see. Ate the burger, wore the t-shirt, eh? I just know the one, so there we go.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah man, I was planning to remake The Wizard of Oz. There goes my career.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
quote:
Originally posted by blacwolve:

It's The Wizard of Oz, only Dorothy is an emo goth, the Cowardly Lion is a mutant wolverine, the Scarecrow is an android, the Tin Woodsman is a hardcore cyborg soldier, and the Wicked Witch of the West is apparently Dorothy's evil twin/dark side or something.

Oh, and it's set in a "dystopian psychedelic science fiction land" instead of a magical fantasy land.

You're joking, right?

God, where's Michael Jackson and Diana Ross when you need them...

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Well, that's not something you hear every day.

Michael: Come on, Diana! Let's show them how to really put the magic back in Oz!
Together: Wonder twin powers--activate!
*Mystical flash, etc*
Michael: Form of--a dork!
Diana: Form of--an ice queen!
Together: Let's do it!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.