FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I had heard rumors

Author Topic: I had heard rumors
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
I have heard many times that this video existed, but every time I looked for it it was deleted.

*Speechless*

Edit: To take out a spoiler.

[ February 20, 2007, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: lem ]

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
*blink*
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Who knew he was so cool?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Something about his outfit made me think he was a sea captain or something (I think it's the style of jacket). A very odd video though.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That was hilarious. One of the most bizarre things I've ever seen, and hilarious.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SC Carver
Member # 8173

- posted      Profile for SC Carver   Email SC Carver         Edit/Delete Post 
Any idea what this was for?

What's up with the girls? Are they supposed to be Hobbits or T-Rex's. I don't get the dance with their arms curled up.

Posts: 555 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I saw something about the U.N. on one of the buttons or something...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh...MY! [Eek!] Thanks so much for sharing. I've had some embarrassing moments in my life, but nothing tops that!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Heard that song before, even knew it was Leonard Nimoy, but I had no idea there was a music video done for the song.

I still cannot comprehend what forces combined to make that song, was it LOTR's sudden popularity in America during the late 50's and early 60's?

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
IIRC, he was trying to make a new career for himself, much like Shatner.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
IIRC, he was trying to make a new career for himself, much like Shatner.

So he did this by singing about Bilbo Baggins?

Odd.

gsim1337
Member # 10168

- posted      Profile for gsim1337   Email gsim1337         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]
Posts: 81 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I thought I saw something about the U.N. on one of the buttons or something...
I kept re-watching the video to find out what those cards said. For sure three say:
  • Hobbits Unite!
  • What's a Hobbit?
  • Frodo Lives
and I think two say:
  • What's a Leonard Nimoy?
  • Admit Leonard Nimoy in the UN

quote:
What's up with the girls? Are they supposed to be Hobbits or T-Rex's. I don't get the dance with their arms curled up.
[ROFL]

[ February 20, 2007, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: lem ]

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
That was great! [Smile]
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the strangest things I've ever seen.
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I admit it, I've heard this song.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Once every two years, the Internet rediscovers this video. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always been a bigger fan of this.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al
Member # 1669

- posted      Profile for Al           Edit/Delete Post 
Well I tried my best to get the best LOTR video link for you (called 'special edition'), but in vain; I think the powers that be must have threatened to sue. BTW, this is (would have been) the one with badgers, NOT the one with Jack Black.

So my other great offer is: What a toon/tune!!

It's been so long since I visited the website, I didn't know they had ringtones.

Ringtones without a subscription I'm excited.

Posts: 237 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
I think my IQ dropped 10 points in the few seconds I watched of that video.

Wow.

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al
Member # 1669

- posted      Profile for Al           Edit/Delete Post 
Ha! You just try to remember the sequence without cribb notes. Sooo many things in disguise.
Posts: 237 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh . . . my.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
My friend's response when I showed her the Nimoy video.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
udanax
Member # 10240

- posted      Profile for udanax   Email udanax         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if anybody has mentioned this but there is a spoof on the Nimoy video done by some guy called legendary frog who makes flash clips for fun. It is part of a cartoon he does called The One Ring To Rule Them All II
Watch it here, the humour is ok but if you don't like it, just skip to the part where they spoof the video.

http://onering.legendaryfrog.com/movies_or2_w.php

Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Miro:
My friend's response when I showed her the Nimoy video.

Some of the best singing Shatner ever did.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh lord, what WAS that?

I'm just glad someone else went through and read the buttons, because I was just getting ready to do that. [Razz]

I did, however, really enjoy the theme-music remix in the "they're taking the hobbits to isengard" clip. Very clever.

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
Once every two years, the Internet rediscovers this video. [Smile]

Oh. like that one video where an undersea pipe sucks a crab violently through a quarter-inch fissure?
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.