FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New column: Just a Best Of kind of guy

Author Topic: New column: Just a Best Of kind of guy
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a Best Of kind of guy

Gonna watch the Oscars this Sunday?

I am! I wouldn't miss it for all the mongooses in Mongolia! It'll be the most exciting, star-studded, hilarious, suspenseful, and emotional 6 minutes you'll ever see. How could I resist?

That's the YouTube version, of course. I suppose ABC will be broadcasting the whole grueling 18 hours (19 if anyone decides to thank their assistant hairdresser and discuss the politics of conflict-free diamonds) but who's got that kind of time? I just want to see the three or four high points -- the opening sequence, the one classy speech, the one funny speech, and the one startling, unscripted moment that everyone will talk about -- and I'll watch 'em the next morning over my cereal, just like I did last year. Sorry, Ellen.

More...

(Yes, I've gone back to a weekly column format, although I'm keeping on the blog site so people can leave comments)
(I said, so people can leave comments. Ahem.)

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dasa
Member # 8968

- posted      Profile for Dasa   Email Dasa         Edit/Delete Post 
The Click quip was great [Big Grin] .
Posts: 107 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! A Chris Bridges column!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been missing these.... glad to see them again!
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed I was posting less and less, and wanting to say more and more, so what the heck. It was an experiment.

Turns out that while I have dozens of blogs I visit on a regular basis, I'm not interested in keeping one full myself.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Really? I guess I follow one blog pretty religiously.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.