FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If you were to be marooned on an uninhabited island and could take 3 books, (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: If you were to be marooned on an uninhabited island and could take 3 books,
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh. Now that's a question.

I'll have to go with
1) fresh mozerella, tomato, basil with balsamic vinaigrette
2) rosemary chicken with provolone
3) French dip

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Annie is elegant.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz B
Member # 8238

- posted      Profile for Liz B   Email Liz B         Edit/Delete Post 
I like *Good Poems* but I wouldn't take it...not long enough. [Smile]

GRILLED CHEESE from my favorite diner
portabello mushroom with arugula and brie on ciabatta
a really, really good hamburger

Posts: 834 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
I would have to say either the complete works of Jane Austin, or if not found in a single book version - Pride and Prejudice as it is my all time favorite book. The LOTR trilogy in 1 book (which I gave Kwea for Christmas one year [beautifully leather-bound and all]), and something from Laurell K. Hamilton [Eek!] to spice things up a bit while I'm stuck on said island. [Evil]
Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I suddenly realized that we are experiencing a dearth of Noemonic sandwichosity.

*fisheye

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd want three books I'd never read. If I ended up on a desert island and the only books available were books I'd already read, I'd be bumbed. But the problem with books I've never read is that I can't yet be certain whether they would be any good.

That considered, I think that I'd like to have my complete works of Shakespeare along. There are still numerous plays and sonnets I've never read and the ones that I have read can stand rereading numerous times.

I've noticed that quite a few people at Hatrack (an IRL) enjoy reading certain books over and over again. I don't. It seems a pity to reread a book when there are so many I've never read. I can think of a few exceptions, generally classics that I read 20 - 30 years ago. Reading them now from a different life perspective is worthwhile.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.