FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New webcomic by the guys behind Mac Hall

Author Topic: New webcomic by the guys behind Mac Hall
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
The two guys responsible for the sublime Mac Hall just started up their new comic, Three Panel Soul. The website is still bare-bones, but the first couple strips are up, and they're pretty damn fantastic.

I'm loving the stark black-and-white artwork, and the qualities that made Matt Boyd the most underappreciated writer on the internets are still there in full effect. Although he was often overshadowed in the webcomics world by Ian McConville's obvious artistic talents, I don't believe that Mac Hall would have been half the comic it was without his insightful and trenchant observations on early twenty-something life. McConville and Boyd are probably the most talented artist/writer duo out there after Tycho and Gabe, and I'm really glad that their collaboration made it to this new comic intact.

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Bookmarked.

Thanks Tarrsk!

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mintieman
Member # 4620

- posted      Profile for Mintieman   Email Mintieman         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the heads up! Mac Hall was wonderful, and I completely agree that it was under appreciated because of it's position wedged between similarish comics.
Posts: 122 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
That's a good web comic. [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.