FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Stray cats enter home, attack women, boy

Author Topic: Stray cats enter home, attack women, boy
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070315/ap_on_fe_st/when_cats_attack;_ylt=AsBjgmFKgjXsN40JCrBkVjHMWM0F

quote:

NORTH PLATTE, Neb. - Two stray cats attacked three people after they got into a house in North Platte. "I thought I had seen it all, but I have never seen anything like this," Chief of Police Martin Gutschenritter said Tuesday.

I guess their career really went down hill after Stray Cat Strut, but I never thought it would come to this. I guess, such is the life of an 80s pop band.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That's kind of bizzare behavior. Poor cats. And poor people, but at least they get to just have huge painful shots instead of being euthanized and getting their skulls cut open. [Frown]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
Kitties! [Frown]

I wonder what the heck caused that?!

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Misused apostrophes. There has to be a method for the dying of the kittens, right?
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
When I lived in Idaho, we had lots of cats living in our barn, and occasionally strays would come around too. There was one white cat with a gray splotch on his head that we named Leopold that started eating with our herd, but never let us come near.

One December night we opened our back door, IIRC to air out the kitchen because we'd burned something, and Leopold just bee-bopped right into the house. As soon as I saw him in the family room, I knew we were in trouble, and as soon as he saw me he went berzerk. The back door was still open, but he ran forward and started running around and hopping over things. He climbed up the Christmas tree, jumped over to the curtains, knocking down the rod in the process, attacked my 16 year old daughter and created all sorts of havoc. We opened every door and every window trying to chase him out.

He was only inside for about 4-5 minutes, but when we finally got him outside, the place looked like a cyclone hit it. There were broken ornaments and lights strung all over from the tree, the curtains from two different windows were ripped, several pictures were knocked off the walls (he literally jumped from frame to frame), and my daughter was bleeding profusely from her left hand.

We laugh about it now (it was about 8 years ago), but it was pretty traumatic at the time.

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
The headline makes me laugh. I can't help it.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
That's kind of bizzare behavior. Poor cats. And poor people, but at least they get to just have huge painful shots instead of being euthanized and getting their skulls cut open. [Frown]

Hmphh. My foot was bit by a cat last year. I spent two months with it elevated, while they shot me full of antibiotics, bum, intraveneous, and also orally. It still aches, and there are still parts of my foot that don't look so good.

Those poor people. [Frown] I sympathize.

The cat, on the other hand, went to her eternal reward in kitty heaven where she can bite with impunity.

It was really very sad. And frightening.

*sigh*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.