FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It's going to be jolly times in Iraq in about a year (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: It's going to be jolly times in Iraq in about a year
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
No, no. I just wanted to make sure that the reason you didn't want to do it on the board here wasn't because you felt like you would be dogpiled or something. [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

- posted      Profile for Rotar Mode   Email Rotar Mode         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Storm Saxon:
No, no. I just wanted to make sure that the reason you didn't want to do it on the board here wasn't because you felt like you would be dogpiled or something. [Smile]

No worries. I've spent over forty years dealing with these issues, so i'm not afraid of dogpiling. [Smile]
Posts: 155 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The fact of the matter is that so long as the majority of Americans do nothing, they are not politically significant. They are a null program. If they want to learn from the lessons of history then they need get a handle on their crazy folk before we need to do it, the Americans are very lucky that our techniques and our touch is so sophisticated today, because we would have come just as fast in any other time and made a lot more of a mess.
Quote atrributed to radical Islamist Jihadist...

quote:
"We" Certainly do. That is why "we" learn scripture, so "we" can spot a phony, that is why "they" encourage illiteracy, because then only "they" know the scripture is there to keep a few of "them" in control.
Who is "We", you ignorant hick??? Do you think you speak for anyone other than yourself? Good god, I hope not. You are a small minority, for now, and the only way we can hope to keep it that way is outshouting your vitriolic NASTINESS and replacing with actual, reasoned, hopefully enlightened words. Which, obviously, will need to come from others because I'm too busy spouting my anger at you...

quote:
It does not take a Genius to spot the flaws in the Bible, if you made a list of everything a politically shrewd and lecherous man would want for himself and his divided people, then put "God Wants" in front of it you get the Bible.
Wow. How very unchristian of you.

quote:
I am only a person who reads a great many stories and I can spot the difference in a moment, any true scholar on the subject can surely do the same, and I am sure many have. Though the current inclusive attitude would no doubt label them as biased, as if phrenology belongs in med school.
Your pretentions at education and intelligence are, unfortunately, transparently ridiculous. You may read alot of stories, but I'm willing to bet that every single one of them agrees with your limited, bigoted view of the world. Reading does you no good if it doesnt open your mind to other peoples reality.

quote:
The Koran is the product of a single man and time, spelling out his will, describing his ups and downs, it is 'Mien Kampf' not the Bible. It is not surprising that both created populist, sexist, fascist, racist regimes. Apparently if Hitler had been the founder of a religion he would still be credible today

This is against the TOS. I hope it gets you banned, but I doubt it will.

quote:
Half the people in America are elitist anti-democratic America haters, we get along fine because they are too invested in the system to really rock the boat.
The day you realize that you just describe yourself is the day you become a better person. I hope it happens within the next 50 years, I really do.

[ March 21, 2007, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: foundling ]

Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Kittens
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
The kittens are forbidden.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Janitor
Member # 7795

- posted      Profile for Papa Janitor           Edit/Delete Post 
This topic is getting at least a time-out while I talk to some people.

--PJ

Posts: 441 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.