FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » And so it begins....

Author Topic: And so it begins....
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Anti-Laura Bush Ad

Interesting how it was posted on Youtube before it even got circulation on regular news broadcasting stations. It costs exactly zero dollars to run an add on youtube, but a ton to run it on cable TV. This thing has been out for less than a month but it already has 2 million views, and it is increasing exponentially. Imagine what youtube will be like during the actual elections. The video is pro-Obama but Obama himself does not actually take credit for it. This brings up the interesting point that now Candidates can make ads onto the Internet that taint the opposers image, without making themselves looks as dirty as they would if they went on TV and did it. This could really change the face of elections next year.

Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't that Hillary?

Quite an in-depth ad that doesn't have any kind of coherent message. I'm not a huge Hillary fan, but I don't see the connection. Big Sister is watching?

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Stupid, and I am not a HC fan, really.

Apple should sue. [Smile]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah that's Hillary, not Laura. Laura is a non-factor, other than the naive idiotic things she says, there's no point in discussing her.

As to the ad against Hillary, what's the point? If you actually listen to what she is saying, it doesn't sound bad. Generally I need at least a little bit more than scary images to get me to turn away from a candidate. At least pair those images with something damaging that she is saying, instead of her talking about being bipartisan and wanting to start a conversation with America.

To be honest, I give candidates a lot of leeway with viral marketing like this. The effect on Obama can be wide. Either people react badly to the ad (which sucks) and take it out on Obama, or they react positively and support him. I can easily see this being cooked up in a Republican camp, or Hillary's camp, or Obama's, why? Because they all have something to potentially gain from it. As such, with no confirmation or proof (in this case, a self described Obama supporter took credit), I have to let it go.

If it actually had some teeth or substance, I might take it more seriously.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
The point isn't the ad guys. It's the fact that nobody knows who made it. That's the real point. There are literally thousands of people trying to find the creator of this video. He's 'anonymous'.

This is history right here.

For once we as individuals have a major impact on what the politicians can do now. Obama has denied having any affiliation with that video. The person who made is just an Obama fan. Come election time, videos like these are going to get 10 million views or even more. This means that suddenly the big news companies no longer control how much we really get to see of each candidate. We can just go on Youtube and watch videos of each candidate, made from people like you and me.

BTW, the video is supposed to be a 1984 spoof. I don't know why.

Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's the fact that nobody knows who made it. That's the real point. There are literally thousands of people trying to find the creator of this video. He's 'anonymous'.
He was outed yesterday.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.